Two Deer Burst Into D.C. McDonald's

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Fri Oct 25, 6:06 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) - Customers at a McDonald's in the nation's capital got a shock Friday when two deer jumped through the restaurant window.

The animals shattered the glass around 11 a.m. and ran through the fast-food restaurant, about a mile and a half north of the Capitol.

When animal control officers arrived, one deer was trapped in the restaurant. The other had jumped back through the window and was found in an adjacent field.

Peggy Keller, chief of animal disease prevention with the District of Columbia Department of Health, said authorities didn't know where the deer came from.

"There are no really heavily wooded areas" nearby, Keller said. "But the area where one deer was hiding was fully able to support them — there was lots of vegetation, there was water."

Four customers suffered minor injuries. Both deer were severely injured and had to be euthanized. Crews searched the field for other deer, but none were found.

Keller said District animal control officers usually handle about 10 calls a year concerning deer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonder if they were looking for some "grass" in the store like they had at that KFC recently???

J

justhangn

Originally posted by jazz lady
Both deer were severely injured and had to be euthanized.

I guess the deer ate something while they were inside. :duh:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Maybe the deer were surrendering themselves voluntarily! Anyone want a Venison Happy Meal? :lol:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Tonio
Maybe the deer were surrendering themselves voluntarily! Anyone want a Venison Happy Meal? :lol:

SUPER SIZE mine, please!!:biggrin:

J

justhangn

You want FRIES with that??? :lol:

Thank you, but no......I want to save as much room for roasted animal flesh as I can get. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by justhangn

Thank you, but no......I want to save as much room for roasted animal flesh as I can get. :biggrin:

Ok - two double Bambi burgers...to go! :yum:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Fri Oct 25, 6:06 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) - Customers at a McDonald's in the nation's capital got a shock Friday when two deer jumped through the restaurant window.

The animals shattered the glass around 11 a.m. and ran through the fast-food restaurant, about a mile and a half north of the Capitol.

Even the deer know that you can get better service when you don't go through the drive-thru.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Two Deer Burst Into D.C. McDonald's

Originally posted by Nodnarb

Even the deer know that you can get better service when you don't go through the drive-thru.
Especially in Leonardtown! :lmao:

K

Kizzy

Geezz my hubby has been hunting the last few weeks and hasn't seen a damm thing!

My hubby took me to that Mc Donald's one day while on duty. I saw TWO ratts run across the drive thru lane. :barf:

Lost my desire for Mc Donald's fries real quick!

They were big enough to be bunnies.