Is there any baseball or semi pro football teams in St.Marys?

While I am here I thought I would ask this..

I noticed down here ubnless you like softball, darts, pool, or horseshoes your screwed in the sports department. Does anyone know if there are any baseball or football leagues for 21 yo and ups? I know baseball really isn't in season, but I would love to play some football.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Branden
While I am here I thought I would ask this..

I noticed down here ubnless you like softball, darts, pool, or horseshoes your screwed in the sports department. Does anyone know if there are any baseball or football leagues for 21 yo and ups? I know baseball really isn't in season, but I would love to play some football.

For baseball try http://www.mdmsbl.com . As for football I think you are out of luck, though I understand that the college does do Rugby. Not sure if you must be a student or not.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Baseball

Hey there...

I was wondering the same thing myself.

I know DC has a really competitive Mens Adult Baseball League. I was actually thinking of trying to start an expansion team rather than join a new one, mainly because I haven't picked up a ball in 6 years and thought by forming a new team expectations wouldn't be so high and we could just have fun.

Let me know if you're interested in starting a team. I've just been thinking about it, but haven't really done anything.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I'd be interested in starting one here in the MDMSBL as well. Either one would be cool with me.

FunnyGuy

Baseball? Now we are talken!! Leave the woman play softball and the men play baseball. Dont think the local necks are gonna go for this though but there might be enough of us outsiders to get some real ball started. I mean dont get me wrong softball is kinda fun and all but who knows must be a somd thing.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by FunnyGuy
Baseball? Now we are talken!! Leave the woman play softball and the men play baseball. Dont think the local necks are gonna go for this though but there might be enough of us outsiders to get some real ball started. I mean dont get me wrong softball is kinda fun and all but who knows must be a somd thing.

local necks??? somd thing??:rolleyes:

FunnyGuy

Ha! Sorry didnt mean to offend you. Just like branden said unless you are into those sports you are screwed down here. Sorry I just love baseball and would love to see something get started up in the area. I think it could also help the area out some cause I know there is alot of us that would like to play baseball. Sorry if i offended you cattitude.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Originally posted by FunnyGuy
Since most local fields started out as privately owned, land was an issue. A softball field does not have to be as big as a baseball field. Also, the original team make up was very divergent in age. Softball lets fat, skinny, young, and old participate. That why it is the way it is. Same for seven ounce Buds. They are gone before they get hot in the summer sun; again, a Southern Maryland thing.

I'm not a local, but I've been here a long time and have come to respect those that were here before me. A lot of good hearted folks here with lots of common sense. That cannot be said of most cities these days.:cheers:

FunnyGuy

Im not knocken on the locals either. (kinda i guess)..lol. But yes i do agree there are alot of good hearted folks. So even if land was bought and a league was started do you think it would go well in the area or think people are to stuck in their ways?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Can't really answer with any knowledge. I'd suggest going to some of the softball league meetings and seeing if anyone is interested. JMTCW (Just My Two Cents Worth)