Read the owner's manual

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Isn't it amazing how God provides reenforcement to His people. I have been pleading for people to read the Bible and posting scripture to provide God's word. I must be on the right track since so many non-Christians and Christians in name only disagree with me. The emphasis in the following is added by me.
Posted with permission.

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe. www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL THURSDAY DECEMBER 30, 2004
(Matthew 24:35)

***One of the most encouraging things for me personally each year, is to read the incredible testimonies from people who take my annual challenge to read the Bible cover to cover. It is a joy for the 5th year now, to be able to challenge you to make this YOUR New Year's resolution. I can promise you that it will transform your life.

This year, I am adding a challenge to everyone who has accepted Christ as their Savior. The greatest need in the Body of Christ is discipleship. Getting the truth of God's Word into people's lives and seeing people accept the Lord is tremendous. But what happens to that person AFTER they come to Christ is critical. I want to challenge you today that during the year 2005, you find one person and make them your Timothy. Find one person that is new to the faith and disciple them.

The reason there is such a void of discipleship is because it takes time, commitment, and effort. You have to literally GIVE YOURSELF to that person. Sadly, it is a commitment most followers of Christ are not willing to make, despite the fact we have been called to do so. I pray today that if you know Christ as your Savior, you will pray today about being a Paul to a Timothy during the coming year. Never forget, the greatest legacy you will ever leave is in the lives of those you touch along your journey.

Your New Year's resolution. Having preached to several hundred thousand people in evangelistic meetings in churches of all denominations throughout the country, having ministered to millions via television and radio through the years, and having prayed for and intimately counseled thousands and thousands of people over my 14 years of ministry...I would have to say the biggest problem I have encountered with Believers is the vast majority have never read the instruction manual!!!

Statistical research shows that less than 10% of professing Christians have ever read the entire Bible. The church as a whole is Biblically illiterate!

From time to time in my Devotional I will give my opinion on an issue and I am very careful to always let you know when it is Bill Keller's opinion. Most of the time I just let God's words speak for themselves. There is not one issue, one thing we deal with in everyday life that is not covered in the Bible.

How many people are in terrible marriages where one spouse is a nonbeliever. Do you think God admonished us to "not be unequally yoked" for nothing? How about those dealing with horrible illnesses because they abused themselves over the years with alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, and food. Does God not tell us our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit? How many families are ripped apart by bitterness and hatred when the Bible commands us to "have love one for another," to "forgive as Christ has forgiven you," and to "love your enemies." I have to be honest. In many cases it is not as much rebellion towards God as it is complete ignorance of God's Word.

Like many men, I get a new electronic toy and the first thing I do is open the box, toss the instructions to the side, and start "putting it together." Usually after a period of time when it is not working or I have broken something, I grab the instructions and put it together correctly. How much easier would it have been it I had done that first. It is the same in our walk with God. Many people claim they can't hear God. God may be talking to you and you can't hear Him because you don't know what to be listening for. The Bible is one way that God speaks to us. If you want to hear God, just read the Book.

I know that those who get this Devotional each day are of above average intelligence which is why I am very direct and to the point. I share things knowing that you are smart enough to understand what God expects you to do, I don't have to paint a picture. So if you ever listened to me at all, listen to what I am going to say to you now. This applies to everyone, even those that may have read the Bible cover to cover 100 times.

***It takes an individual of average reading ability 90 hours to read the entire Bible. That is one hour a day for 3 months, or one half hour a day for 6 months, or 15 minutes a day for 12 months. Most people make New Year's resolutions. Here is one for you with eternal rewards and will be more valuable than losing 10 pounds that you will just put back on. Carve out one hour, 30 minutes, or 15 minutes every day starting January 1st and start reading at Genesis 1:1. One hour, 30 minutes, or 15 minutes, you choose. I suggest that for those 90 days, or 6 months, or the next 12 months, you get up that amount of time earlier than normal and do it the very first thing. Trust me, God will give you the strength you need during the day. Losing a little sleep will not kill you. Quite the opposite. It will save you 100 times that in loss sleep over the years from problems caused because you didn't take time to read the instruction book.

Now listen, I understand that some of the Old Testament can be dry. The Jewish laws, the genealogy of kings, some of the prophetic books can be very confusing and at times boring. Plug on. Don't get discouraged because you don't understand everything you are reading. Having read the Bible cover to cover many, many, many times, each time is a new experience for me. WARNING: I am not the Bible answer man so don't start flooding me with questions. I'll pray for you anytime, but I cannot handle thousands of Bible questions. I do suggest though you keep a notepad of questions and talk them over with your pastor.

Trust me when I tell you, reading the Bible cover to cover will change your life. You will see things you never thought were in the Bible. You will see God's warnings and promises to help you through tough times. Most of all, you will start to understand how God thinks. How can you please God if you don't understand how He thinks? He knows you are not a mind reader. That is one reason He gave you the Bible so you could begin to understand what God expects from your life.

I promise you the time you spend reading the Bible cover to cover will be the most important time of your life. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of what I am challenging you to do. Start at the very beginning. That way you can see God from the creation of our world, to the very end. It is better than any book or movie you have ever read or seen.

The Bible is our final authority for all matters concerning this life. In this day of being politically correct, accepting everyone's beliefs and ideas, we are in the mess we are morally and spiritually because we have gotten away from the black and white truth of God's Word.
We have no one to blame but ourselves. In this day of instant gratification, drive thru food, cell phones, fax machines, email, Federal Express, jet travel, we want what we want now and refuse to wait.

We have become lazy which is why we don't take the time to read the Bible. I guarantee you that you will spend 90 hours plus in front of the television, the computer, with the newspaper, or doing something else that you enjoy. I am not saying quit living and enjoying your life. What I am saying is that you have the time, it is only a matter of whether this is a big enough priority for you to take the time.

I love you, care about you, and my heart breaks every day as I read the thousands of prayer requests I receive. How much heartache and pain could have been avoided if people would have only read the Book and followed the instructions. You cannot believe how much sense this life makes when you are living under the direction of God's Word. As I say often, our way does not work, God's way does!

I will be praying that the Lord really opens your heart and conviction floods you right now as you read these words. I can't force you to do it, you have to want to do it. I will be praying and trusting the Holy Spirit to move on your heart to take this challenge, even now as you read these words. This will be the best New Year's resolution you will ever make.

In his love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

(C)opyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
watercolor said:
Just Me.... Nothing Special... :dance:
You are special ... to God and me too. :huggy:

So many people miss how special they are to God. When you realize that God is the Creator and He created you, then you also know just how special you are to God. There is no one on earth ever, before or after your life, that is exactly like you. No one can praise God exactly like you can. No one can be for God exactly what you can.

God cares so much about you and everyone that He came as man to provide the way to Him. It is so easy that most miss it. It is a gift and most are rejecting it. I know you know that WC. I just wanted to reaffirm it. :huggy: