Bald Eagle in Hollywood

Tomcat

Anytime
About 8:00 this morning driving out Forrest Landing a Bald Eagle flew across the road in front of me and perched in a tree above one of the ponds. I believe it's probably the same one I've seen several times in the last year or so flying over the back yard. Anyone else seen one around lately? :patriot:

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Tomcat said:
About 8:00 this morning driving out Forrest Landing a Bald Eagle flew across the road in front of me and perched in a tree above one of the ponds. I believe it's probably the same one I've seen several times in the last year or so flying over the back yard. Anyone else seen one around lately? :patriot:
I have seen one as I was traveling on Indian Bridge Rd. Also seen one in Valley Lee.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I probably shouldn't tell embarassing stories about my other half but it's funny so I'll share. When we were living in Indian Head he came inside one day and told me to come outside that there were a bunch of eagles in one of the trees in our yard. I went outside to inspect and low and behold we had a tree full of turkey buzzards. :ohwell: And I thought my eyes were bad. :lmao:

Bald eagles are awsome. The vet that I worked for had a vet in the practice that was licencend to work on birds of prey. We always had bald eagles, hawks, owls, etc in our back ward. Pretty cool stuff to see first hand.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Last year I took a drive and there was a trail that you could drive down that was full of eagles. Drove out on a pier in the middle of the marsh where there was a big tower to watch birds from.

Magnum said:
Last year I took a drive and there was a trail that you could drive down that was full of eagles. Drove out on a pier in the middle of the marsh where there was a big tower to watch birds from.
Jug Bay? If you go to the Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary (both Jug Bay and Merkle are off Croom Rd.) and look in the child education room, you should see my Eagle Scout project. I made a bunch of furniture for the education room.

Tomcat

Anytime
pixiegirl said:
we had a tree full of turkey buzzards.
I know the difference between an eagle and a turkey buzzard :lmao: I'm thinking he must have a nest somewhere up the cove from our house, as he's always flying the same direction up the cove. This is the first time I've seen him at the other end of the road though.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Tomcat said:

We have a nesting pair near our house, and during the summer we walk to the pier and watch the Eagles and Osprey fight it out.. they never hurt or touch each other, but it is fun to watch. Yesterday walked down to the pier and one of the bald eagles was sitting in the abandoned Osprey Nest about 50 yards off of the pier.. On St Inigoes we have a pair that shows up off and on, last summer you could see them standing in the grass by the runway. To this day I still get excited every time I see one..

Magnum

Should be Huntin
huntr1 said:
Jug Bay? If you go to the Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary (both Jug Bay and Merkle are off Croom Rd.) and look in the child education room, you should see my Eagle Scout project. I made a bunch of furniture for the education room.

I think thats it, I was fishing at shelby's landing and saw all these cars driving down this little road so I figured I'd see what was down there. Never went inside any building, except the tower.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Saw one in Port Republic last weekend, but I usually see them about once every moth or so. Told my little white doggy he better stop barking so much or one of those big birds is gonna decide he's a nice snack!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I saw one fly over on both Thanksgiving and Christmas. In the area of Friendship School Road and Jones Road. They are awesome to see gliding in at treetop level. This was a mature bird(s) with fully white head and tail.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
DoWhat said:
I saw one on Chingville Rd. last week.
I see that one quite often. It did scare the crap out of me one time when I was going up my driveway and it came swooping across the front of my car. :yikes:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
It did scare the crap out of me one time when I was going up my driveway and it came swooping across the front of my car. :yikes:
Scared me too. You got a long driveway.

D

dems4me

Tomcat said:

I see quite a few when I take the boat out on the Mattawoman River... every year I see more and more there... :dance:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jazz lady said:
I see that one quite often. It did scare the crap out of me one time when I was going up my driveway and it came swooping across the front of my car. :yikes:
You should scrape the roadkill from your bumper.

I see eagles at our place all the time. We live really close to the Bay. Often I see them flying over the house with a fish in their talons. Pretty cool. :yay: