We NEED it...

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I, for one, am SICK of hearing the weather and news people say "We need the rain".
Personally, I DON'T need rain. I'm a fisherman. I fish when the weather is nice.
We've had a TON of rain lately, which leads me to my second irk:
We finally GET the rain, and then they say "Yeah...well...we still need a whole lot more!"

Well, as human nature would have it, if I feel that something for which I'm working very hard is in vain, then I lose interest in it.
If we're getting all this rain, and it's still not enough, then I could care less whether we get rain.

Yes, bottom line...we DO need it, but I see us getting a lot of rain, and still..."WE NEED IT!".
Ugh...

What about the tourism related industries? Don't they need sun?
What about Charter Fishermen? What about the shopkeepers in places like Solomon's whose business has dropped notably because of all the rain we've had? I could go on, but I won't.

I DON'T need rain (did I say that already?). So quit telling me WE need it!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't need rain on weekends.

During the week I could care less because I am at work and at least I know that I am not missing nice day by being cooped up in my Dilbert cubicle.

just my .02

K

Kizzy

:wah: :wah: :wah:

It is going to be ok bk. The rain isn't hear to stay and it should be gone tommorrow. The sun will come out tommorrow.

K

Kain99

Think of it this way BK... If it didn't rain then all the Oceans, Bays and Rivers would dry up! Unless you buy the Metorite theroy! Anyway just imagine a world where there was nothing at all left to fish... See, It's all better now.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's raining
Its pouring
BK is snoring
He bumped his head
against his bed
and couldn't get up in the morning

:razz:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by RoseRed
It's raining
Its pouring
BK is snoring
He bumped his head
against his bed
and couldn't get up in the morning

I don't care! I don't NEED it, and quit telling me that!

Oh, and how about this...the weathermen say "It looks like we're about to get some much-needed rain tomorrow".

Who talks like that? "Much-needed"???

"excuse me honey, but I think I'll run to the store and get us some much-needed toilet paper".

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to go make myself a much-needed tuna sandwich now."

And y'all better quit making fun, or I'm going to call my friend from yesterday to come back!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I don't know about you all but up here we're under serious water restrictions and we'll be fined and have our water turned off if we so much as turn on the hose. So come on, RAIN! Fill them containers back up!