Trick or Treating

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's what irritates me about Halloween:

We live in a medium-sized, enclosed neighborhood - GOBS of kids so GOBS of trick or treaters. Every year, parents who live in less trick or treat-friendly locations bring their carloads of children, dump them off in our neighborhood and come back for them later. The neighbors almost unanimously gripe about this every year.

My gripe is with those neighbors.

Who cares if we have an extra 50 or so kids? We barely notice them. What are they supposed to do - skip trick or treating because they live in a remote area?

Plus that, some of these same neighbors have large Halloween parties, inviting kids from all over Frederick County, who then trick or treat our neighborhood.

Pettiness irritates me. If we were in a metropolitan area and these were strange kids, okay. But this is such a small town that we know every kid in it. What's the big deal?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Takes all kinds, I guess.

We live on a street with very few houses and they are pretty far apart and no children, at least not when my guys were of trick or treating age. We used to ferry them, my brother's kids and his neighbor kids (who were in similar areas) to my parents' neighborhood. They were mostly retirees and really enjoyed seeing the kids...and they knew who they were and invited them in and went on and on about their costumes. I think Otter even got a beer one year!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde

Who cares if we have an extra 50 or so kids?
What's it gonna cost? An extra $7 for 2 more bags of candy, big deal. :rolleyes: Send them to my house, I love seeing all the kids in costume but we rarely get more than 5-10 kids the whole night. :frown:

E

ez_one20690

I agree. Just goes to show that some people are not happy unless they are complaining.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
OK Vrai,

Smack me or delete it but on this thread I couldn't leave this out.

:lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: OK Vrai,

Originally posted by Kyle
Smack me or delete it but on this thread I couldn't leave this out.

:lmao:

:roflmao: Glad I got to see it before it's deleted. :lol:

Vrai is SO going to :spank: you!!!

SxyPrincess

I live in the woods. My b/f lives even farther in the woods. I have no other choice but to "spam" a neighborhood.

I drop my 5 yr-old off in the Carrington neighborhood, then pick her back up around 10. (just kidding) But really, my parents live in that neighborhood and I've always trick-or-treated there, and have been taking my daughter around that neighborhood since she was 2. I'm familar with lot's of the families and I feel comfortable. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kyle. Weener. If you'd edited it slightly *ahem* I could have let it stay up. But I DID laugh.

pilot

Vrail:

I agree with your comments completely.

But I will tell you a story about a time when things did come pretty close to getting out-of-hand. I used to live in a condo-complex where, let's just say the rate of candy obtained per mile walked was a little too efficient. EVERYONE for MILES around brought their kids to our neighborhood. I went through four bags of candy in less than an hour. I had to run out to the grocery store right in the middle of things! Then, when I got home, there was no place to park!

But, yeah, I agree with your comments, I personally enjoy seeing lots of trick-or-treaters. But I have never seen anything like what I just described!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99
Oh well, I missed it:bawl:
I did too!

We don't get any kids at out house, so we go to Fenwick Manor or Hollywood Shores. Might stop at Church of the Nazarene since they have some sort of party thing going on.

K

Kizzy

I drop my 5 yr-old off in the Carrington neighborhood, then pick her back up around 10. (just kidding)

I use to live in that neighborhood. I am glad you are kidding. :lol:

Oh I can not wait to see the cute little kids dressed up, and our neighborhood is so small they will come around twice.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
All Better now!

Edited for a wider audience.

Attachments

• halloween1.jpg
    halloween1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 155
K

Kizzy

OMG that is too funny! I have only had 5 kids so far.
1 Superman
1 Grim Reaper
1 Princess
1 Lion
1 She told me and I forgot :stupid:

I want more little dressed up people :frown:

K

Kizzy

IT is now 8:10 and I am shutting the door. I only had 10 kids and none of them came around a second time. :frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We had two after we got home & I forgot to turn off the porch light. Since I didn't buy any candy and my dog just about ate those poor girls, I had to dig into my daughters stash and give them something. But then the neighbor boy across the street came over with a goodie bag for her. So sweet!