If you could bring one thing back...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If you could bring one thing back to Southern Maryland what would it be?

I'd pick a modernized FM broadcast Drive-in Movie Theatre.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I want the old Carvel store that use to be in the shopping center in Waldorf that now has the Gateway and Bed Bath and Beyond. I remember going to the Waldorf Pet shop as a kid to get dog food and begging my parents to take me into Carvel for Ice Cream.

Darlene

Originally posted by Kyle
If you could bring one thing back to Southern Maryland what would it be?

I'd pick a modernized FM broadcast Drive-in Movie Theatre.

A Drive-In Movie would be really great!! I also miss the Firehouse dances. They still have them once in a while, but when I was a teen we use to go to a lot of Firehouse dances and would have a great time. :biggrin:

Atir211

The security that comes with being in a small town, where you know all your neighbors and can turn the kids lose without worrying about them.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Atir211
The security that comes with being in a small town, where you know all your neighbors and can turn the kids lose without worrying about them.

or know them well enough to know NOT to let the kids loose..

K

Kizzy

The Drive-In and Carvels. :clap:

Carvels made the best ice cream cakes. You can buy them in the store now, but it just isn't the same. :frown:

I would want the world to be the way it was before we became so worried with being PC.

SxyPrincess

Can't think of something I'd like to bring back however, I'd like to see several thousand people leave. This area is getting way too crowded. :rolleyes:

SmallTown

Football season!
Speaking of which, there is a nice little book online about the history of St. Marys county. pretty interesting to read. I think it was on the main SM govt site, but not sure.

K

Katie

I wouldn't want to leave this area. Granted I am not from here, but I love it here. I enjoy the lifestyle and everything. I think the people that were born here have got to be the nicest people around.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Can't think of something I'd like to bring back however, I'd like to see several thousand people leave. This area is getting way too crowded. :rolleyes:
Gotta keep moving outward to find the quiet. South, West or North around Fredneck.

SmallTown

Football season!
Some are nice, some are jerks, some are too dumb to know the difference.. Just like anywhere else you go.. Want a place where EVERYONE is friendly and still have a small town? Go to the pan handle of Florida.. Has a lot of the stuff people talk about that is so great here. The scenery, the wildlife, the small town charm.. But the bay is no comparison to the powder white beaches and crystal clear water of the gulf of mexico.

SmallTown

Football season!
Change,
nothing I have said in this thread has been negative.. Go to some of the other threads if you want to see that :smile:

But to answer your question.. Being young, I don't hate my birthday. But I know plenty of older folks who do..

K

Kain99

I'd bring back the Racquet Club (sp) We used to have so much fun swimming in the pool, loungeing in the Jacuzzi and watching the guys.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What would I like to see come back, fishing without a license and pan-sized Rock fish.

Smalltown,

You can keep the pan-handle of Florida, all the sandy land, scrubby pines, and sand-fleas. Not to mention the paper mills and that funk that comes with them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
Being young, I don't hate my birthday. But I know plenty of older folks who do..
Yeah, you know how it is when you're an "elder" and all dried up.
:roflmao: