Ranch Club Back Gate Drag Racing

S

scupper trout

I continually hear and witness people screeching tires, blowing through stop signs and driving wrecklessly near the Ranch Club Back gate. This goes on at all hours of the day. It won't be so bad if not for the amount of traffic that goes through there.

I'm afraid that someday someone is going to be really seriously injured or kill themselves, or worse, someone else. I bet if a police vehicle parked near there after dark they would make the "qouta" in one night.

I hate to sound like a whiner but it's getting bad.

Peace. :tantrum :tantrum

Last edited by a moderator:

fttrsbeerwench

On Little Cove Point Rd???
I used to live at the end of that street and I know what you mean..I once had a Mustang barely miss hitting me and my mailbox one afternoon. I don' know if the screaching came from LCP Rd. or the street behind me or what.. Those are all terribly winding and hilly roads. You'd have to be nuts to speed on them...

Spoiled

Kids from my old school (leonardtown) used to gather nightly in parking lots and race... Target was the perfered one.... Every now and then you would hear of someone hitting a lamp post or something... From light-to-light infront of the wildewood center is a popular spot... Because that is exactly a 1/4 mile (the length of a drag strip)

I like racing, but when it comes to street racing if someone challenges me at a light ill let them floor it, waste their money on gas and look like a moron (then again my 17second 1/4 mile isnt that quick)... At school if people talked about it i would ask for proof of their cars 1/4 time, if they couldnt provide i would maintain that mine is quicker and i can PROVE it with paper work :p

We have a drag strip that isnt far away, its cheap to race, legal and fair all the time... There is no reason these morons should be doing it on the road... And some of the cars the choose to do it in too (a neon!!! maybe an SRT-4 but i like to assume its like most kids in my highschool)

and FYI, most 'mature car communities' on the internet that have stuff about performance want to have public executions for these people... They give young drivers a bad name, endanger other and give the legal racing community a bad name...

MerF

You smell funny
Spoiled said:
and FYI, most 'mature car communities' on the internet that have stuff about performance want to have public executions for these people... They give young drivers a bad name, endanger other and give the legal racing community a bad name...
Judging by your avatar, I am assuming that "mature car communites" drive $40k sedans with $6k rims.

What you meant to say is, a lot of communities have anti-street racing members...but it's almost hypocritical to say that noone who drives a sports car never gets on the gas once in a while to show off.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
scupper trout said:
I continually hear and witness people screeching tires, blowing through stop signs and driving wrecklessly near the Ranch Club Back gate. This goes on at all hours of the day.

:bs:

:liar:

I use that gate all the time. Not saying it doesn't occasionally happen, but you've highly over exaggerated yourself. :rolleyes:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
scupper trout said:
I continually hear and witness people screeching tires, blowing through stop signs and driving wrecklessly near the Ranch Club Back gate. This goes on at all hours of the day. It won't be so bad if not for the amount of traffic that goes through there.

I'm afraid that someday someone is going to be really seriously injured or kill themselves, or worse, someone else. I bet if a police vehicle parked near there after dark they would make the "qouta" in one night.

Peace. :tantrum :tantrum
These are better then tickets..

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=LE339&cat=583

Ponytail

scupper trout said:
I continually hear and witness people screeching tires, blowing through stop signs and driving wrecklessly near the Ranch Club Back gate. ...

Have you called the police to inform them about it?

Spoiled

MerF said:
Judging by your avatar, I am assuming that "mature car communites" drive $40k sedans with $6k rims.

What you meant to say is, a lot of communities have anti-street racing members...but it's almost hypocritical to say that noone who drives a sports car never gets on the gas once in a while to show off.
I drive a sports car, and the only time i really get on the gass is when im passing someone, the only time ive redlined through the gears up to 3rd is at the drag strip...

and by mature car communities, i mean communities that do the work themselves, know whats going on, and dont pride themselves on a body kid that isnt painted...

Most of them do appreciate a nice bimmer though :)
I want an M5 of a Z8 :drool: (in like 20 years :( )

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Spoiled said:
I drive a sports car, and the only time i really get on the gass is when im passing someone, the only time ive redlined through the gears up to 3rd is at the drag strip...

and by mature car communities, i mean communities that do the work themselves, know whats going on, and dont pride themselves on a body kid that isnt painted...

Most of them do appreciate a nice bimmer though :)
I want an M5 of a Z8 :drool: (in like 20 years :( )

hmmm 17 second sports car? Thats a first.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I lived in a neighborhood that had a problem with speeders. Got on of those $1 playballs from WallyMart and would sit on the front porch with it. When I saw somebody come haulin azz down the street, I'd roll the ball down my driveway. Had bushes blocking the view of my driveway from oncoming traffic. Got pretty good at timing my throw so the ball would come rolling out from behind the hedge in front of the speeder. Lots of fun to see the panic as they tried to stop before a kid followed the ball out on the street.

MerF

You smell funny
Spoiled said:
I think you have no farking idea what you are talking about. :blahblah:

MerF

You smell funny
aps45819 said:
I lived in a neighborhood that had a problem with speeders..
I just don't to be confused with someone who condones speeding in residential neighborhoods...that is just rediculous and irresponsible, for the exact reasons you were portraying with your game (which is quite funny, I'd like to add).

Agee

aps45819 said:
I lived in a neighborhood that had a problem with speeders. Got on of those $1 playballs from WallyMart and would sit on the front porch with it. When I saw somebody come haulin azz down the street, I'd roll the ball down my driveway. Had bushes blocking the view of my driveway from oncoming traffic. Got pretty good at timing my throw so the ball would come rolling out from behind the hedge in front of the speeder. Lots of fun to see the panic as they tried to stop before a kid followed the ball out on the street.
:lmao: Need to try that out on my street!