Power Outtage in Lusby?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Any details? Just talked to my sis and they're trying to get through to SMECO. Anyone know what happened?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
Just talked to parents...power out in Port Republic (at least in their neighborhood).

I tried calling ("all circuits are busy") and went online ("no major outtages at this time").

It only feels -2 degrees...

K

Kain99

I thought the power outage danger had passed.... Better grab a hot shower while I still can.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
uh-oh

virgovictoria said:
I tried calling ("all circuits are busy") and went online ("no major outtages at this time").

It only feels -2 degrees...
Sister - no power in St. Leonard and brother - no power in Prince Frederick. :yikes: We are in Prince Frederick, but other side of Rte 4 from my brother.

Otter

Nothing to see here
So far, power is out in Lusby, St. Leonard, Port Republic(off Broomes Isl. Rd), and Rte. 231 area(close to PF)....Anyone have a clue why??

Animal

I eat red meat
otter said:
So far, power is out in Lusby, St. Leonard, Port Republic(off Broomes Isl. Rd), and Rte. 231 area(close to PF)....Anyone have a clue why??
Let's see, it's windy, a bunch of ice covered trees, nope no clue. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is the power still off over in Calvert? We had the lights blink a couple of times, but :knockwood: we're still up. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Is the power still off over in Calvert? We had the lights blink a couple of times, but :knockwood: we're still up. :yay:
How weird. Just as I posted that, the phone rang with an automated call from SMECO saying power is out in Calvert and will be restored by 5. :confused:

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I just got a call from someone over in Solomon's. He's been without power since about 7:00 am today. He mentioned the Food Lion shopping center was out, too.

Animal

I eat red meat
jazz lady said:
How weird. Just as I posted that, the phone rang with an automated call from SMECO saying power is out in Calvert and will be restored by 5. :confused:
I guess SMECO gets the up to date information from this site too. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Animal said:
I guess SMECO gets the up to date information from this site too. :lmao:
No doubt. :lol: I was just wondering why they would call me in St. Mary's to tell me power was out in Calvert. :confused: I still own property over there so maybe that's why. :shrug:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
bundt_cake_lady said:
Yep I heard from Lex Park north to Wildwood w/o power also.
My "kid" is inviting her friends over because we have power and they don't. I think one of them lives in LP north. Trouble is we have oil heat- and the furnace broke yesterday. Luckily the woodstove is keeping the house pretty warm.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
pvineswinger said:
My "kid" is inviting her friends over because we have power and they don't. I think one of them lives in LP north. Trouble is we have oil heat- and the furnace broke yesterday. Luckily the woodstove is keeping the house pretty warm.
Have you tried replacing the filter and nozzle? Oil furnaces aren't that difficult to work on.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Ken King said:
Have you tried replacing the filter and nozzle? Oil furnaces aren't that difficult to work on.
The road here is still a sheet of ice- and I can't get anywhere to get a new filter- and what is the nozzle?

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
pvineswinger said:
The road here is still a sheet of ice- and I can't get anywhere to get a new filter- and what is the nozzle?

The metal thing the oil comes out of into the combustion chamber. If you open up the furnance to see inside the chamber and trace the oil lines, the metal thing on the end of the small pipe is the nozzle. It should just screw on and off- though I could be wrong since its been awhile since I had a furnace to worry about.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
We lost power at 8:50 this morning; it came back on briefly at 10:00 for a few minutes, then died until 2:30. I'd bet SMECO had all their crews out. I talked to the Sheriff in Leonardtown, and the gal told me many counties were without power and they didn't know what the cause was. :shrug:
That was what she said.:ohwell:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Penn said:
We lost power at 8:50 this morning; it came back on briefly at 10:00 for a few minutes, then died until 2:30. I'd bet SMECO had all their crews out. I talked to the Sheriff in Leonardtown, and the gal told me many counties were without power and they didn't know what the cause was. :shrug:
That was what she said.:ohwell:
Seeing the ice coating on my mailbox- I'd be willing to bet it's the ice. For some reason power seems to go out often when there are ice storms. (But the trees look pretty.)