Laurel Glen

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Isn't that the area behind the K-mart? :confused:

I've been there a time or two to visit a friend and recall there being some "shadyness" at night ... peeps congregating out by cars in the street, ghetto-cruisers, etc.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
I've been there a time or two to visit a friend and recall there being some "shadyness" at night ... peeps congregating out by cars in the street, ghetto-cruisers, etc.
Folks hanging out by their cars don't bother me. I'm more leery of the bebe mamas and their drunken boyfriends.

danceintherain

vraiblonde said:
Anyone know what it's like over there? Decent or crappy HUD people?
I know several people that live over there. Never had any problems. There are always people out jogging and walking their dogs and kids playing on the play grounds.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'd live there. I know someone who used to own, and someone who currently owns there.

Agee

vraiblonde said:
I'm curious why it would surprise you that I think Section 8 neighborhoods are crappy.
When I read "crappy HUD people", my knee-jerk reaction was stereotyping. In hindsight, its not suprising. Every neighborhood has the good, bad, and the ugly. :duh:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Airgasm said:
When I read "crappy HUD people", my knee-jerk reaction was stereotyping. In hindsight, its not suprising. Every neighborhood has the good, bad, and the ugly. :duh:
True. Unfortunately, I've met people who, unlike Vrai, use phrases like that as code for "blacks." They don't understand that programs like HUD foster dependency and hopelessness among recipients from all ethnic groups.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Unfortunately, I've met people who, unlike Vrai, use phrases like that as code for "blacks."
Okay, I get it now.

No, I wasn't trying to say I don't want a "black" neighborhood. I was trying to say I'm not interested in a neighborhood with bebe mamas and drunken crack dealers, regardless of their color. Unfortunately, Section 8 housing is filled with those types of folks. Their ethnicity is neither here nor there.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Okay, I get it now.

No, I wasn't trying to say I don't want a "black" neighborhood. I was trying to say I'm not interested in a neighborhood with bebe mamas and drunken crack dealers, regardless of their color. Unfortunately, Section 8 housing is filled with those types of folks. Their ethnicity is neither here nor there.

I wasn't aware that Laurel Glen was sec 8. It didn't used to be.

Bogart

Airgasm said:
So you live in Fox Chase?