Too Nice

SmallTown

Football season!
We are too nice when it comes to elections.. While voting this morning, there were at least three ballots that came back as "over voting" so they had to get a new ballot and start again. WTF??? If you can't get it right the first time, these people should not be allowed to help dictate the future of this county or state! Throw it out, thank them for coming by and try again next year..

But,, that is just MY opinion :biggrin:

J

justhangn

Now now, you know those democratic voters would start yelling FOUL as soon as you throw out their ballots and they will claim they were denied their right to vote. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
... If you can't get it right the first time, these people should not be allowed to help dictate the future of this county or state! Throw it out, thank them for coming by and try again next year..

That wasn't the take your buddy Big Al was goin for back in 2000! :lmao:

Of course if he finds out about them he might want them saved for him for 2004!

J

justhangn

I look at it as a new form of literacy test. If you can't understand the ballot, you fail!

But how will Gore even get in then? :rolleyes:

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
It must be an epidemic...someone in front of me this morning also overvoted - & I do happen to know he is a Democrat!!! Have the Dems instructed their people to vote for as many dems on the ballot as they can cram in??? Even extras?

J

justhangn

You ALMOST say that like it matters.. :biggrin:

:lmao:

Lets face it, after the voting BS in Florida and the BS in New Jersey, the Demi's have sank to an all time new low.

If they are not pulling the BS race card, they are pulling the "take medicare from granny". UFB!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I thought the new law required that they check photo ID's --but apparently not. So the dead will be voting all day and half the night again this year, until the libs figure out how many votes they need for their queen to win.

B

Bruzilla

Sharon, was that the law in Maryland? I didn't show a photo ID this morning and the poll workers weren't asking anyone for ID. I had my voter registration card out and they never asked to see even that ID.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
We are too nice when it comes to elections.. While voting this morning, there were at least three ballots that came back as "over voting" so they had to get a new ballot and start again. WTF??? If you can't get it right the first time, these people should not be allowed to help dictate the future of this county or state! Throw it out, thank them for coming by and try again next year..

I thought we sent all of those people to Florida...???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They didn't ask for ID when I voted this morning either. They just asked my name, I told them, and they handed me my slip and a ballot. I had to sign my slip so that's at least something but the system leaves a lot of room for fraud. I knew for a fact that my neighbor wasn't going to be voting today so what would have prevented me from voting on his behalf?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bruzilla
Sharon, was that the law in Maryland?
Not sure, just something I read somewhere. If I stumble over it again I'll post it.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
One thing I found interesting this morning that could be indicative of problems with voting:

I voted this morning at the Elks' Lodge in PF. I exited the booth and fed my ballot into the counting machine (or whatever). I was waiting for Otter and the fellow after me inserted his ballot and it was rejected. The election attendant told the guy there must be a problem with his ballot and he should/could look at it. He chose not to and the attendant said "so, you are happy with your ballot?" the guy said yes and the attendant pushed a button (i'm guessing an override of some sort) and the machine accepted his ballot. Now, don't you think if someone told you there was a possible problem, you'd want to check over your ballot just to be sure you filled it out correctly? Wonder how many people at other locations (or in the past) chose to ignore a potential problem only to scream about it after the fact?

Terp Fan

Originally posted by vraiblonde
They didn't ask for ID when I voted this morning either. They just asked my name, I told them, and they handed me my slip and a ballot. I had to sign my slip so that's at least something but the system leaves a lot of room for fraud. I knew for a fact that my neighbor wasn't going to be voting today so what would have prevented me from voting on his behalf?

My sister in law is one of the "election officials" at a pole. She told me she was instructed that it is against the law to ask a voter for a form of identification. Nothing could stop you from voting for someone else. Seems pretty pathetic to me. I'm sure that has something to do with how dead people voted in the past!

Delilah903

Originally posted by Bruzilla
Sharon, was that the law in Maryland? I didn't show a photo ID this morning and the poll workers weren't asking anyone for ID. I had my voter registration card out and they never asked to see even that ID.

Hell, all I had to do was tell them my name, know where I lived, and oh yeah......I"m a Republican......so I had to prove I wasn't....DEAD!!!

:dance: :dance: