How bad is the ice by You?

Hessian

Just south of St Leonard..we have maybe over 1/8th inch and we are still below freezing: Looks like at least 2 more hours of this. (Just switched over to heavy sleet) 8 am..

Any reports of ice over in Charles & PG?

Any power outages?

Down in the low 20's tonight!!

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Snow!!

:cartwheel YE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! :cartwheel
It's snowing to beat the band in Oakville! We have a very nice thick layer of ice on everything (which is on top of the ice we ALREADY had) and which caused me to wrap my car around a tree Monday morning...then to have my van whacked while sitting on the side of our road waiting for me to take it home...then we picked up my new F350 dualie and Rott-N-Cop promptly gets it stuck on the ice in the driveway last night we had to take his truck into town since HIS truck is 4 wheel drive and mine's not. :ohwell: needless to say i HATE ice. The SNOW is a welcome change of pace. :biggrin:
Let's hope it continues to the end of whatever this storm is...

Last edited:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Heck if I know and I ain't going out to measure it. :lol: It's been snowing here though for the last half hour or so. Guess that means kids will have off school for two more days. :ohwell:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Snow's turned very fine and it's still coming down hard. It's made the ice look all soft and innocent. :lol:
My bum STILL hurts from Monday - when I fell on the icy road shortly after getting out of my poor car.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
A layer of ice, covered by a layer of snow, covered by ice....

It's snowing at the moment, but it was freezing rain 5 minutes ago.

I don't see school being open anytime soon. This is the kinda mess that is really bad because it's not like they can just go out and plow it. :ohwell: It's supposed to be in the upper 30s tomorrow and low 40s on Tuesday. Maybe school will be open Wednesday.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
We got mostly snow, but there's some ice on the trees here in no. calvert.

Attachments

• yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 104

mAlice

professional daydreamer
aps45819 said:
The weather channel is your friend :lmao:

I watched. I knew this was coming, but I had to get the salt off from before. I was just hoping it wouldn't get really nasty again. The weather guessers have been wrong before, ya' know.

K

Kizzy

Pete said:
I need more morter for my tile laying project. Wonder if I should go?

You should call the police department and ask that question. They love it when people call and ask those questions. :cartwheel

I think I might call and ask them how the roads are.

Toxick

Splat
No snow below 7500 feet...

... but some of the mountains to the east have a few snowcaps here.

And it's not even supposed to get higher than 70 at all this week. :tantrum :cussing: :wah: :frown: :banghead:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Toxick said:
... but some of the mountains to the east have a few snowcaps here.

And it's not even supposed to get higher than 70 at all this week. :tantrum :cussing: :wah: :frown: :banghead:
Tox, have they rebuilt the little town of Summerhaven on Mount Lemmon yet that was destroyed by wildfires a couple years ago? I used to love the drive up there for hot cocoa in the snow to remind me of home. :smile:

Hessian

And the Radar shows...

Using intellicast it appears that a dense batch of snow is heading out of the NW in about an hour hitting So Md. My guess is that as long as the wind pushes the cold air with it...we are due for 1-2 new inches before 3 pm.

Ice is NOT melting off here on St Leonard creek.