The Sub Jimmy Carter???

Hessian

I just read the Navy is about to launch its latest sub from Groton...named in honor of that great warrior James Carter.

I have some reccommendations for the Navy to include in the capabilities of this remarkable vessel:

*Special quarters to house escaping dictators and to usher them to America for safety.

* A platform where officials can gather to hand away US territories to locals around the world.

*A special map that pinpoints all the places where military operations were botched by Carter's micromanagement.

*Remove the nuclear fuel system from it in honor of him capping any further building of Nuke plants.

*All salutes will be replaced by silly-grinning and three way handshakes.

*Scarfs will be issued to the crew in case they are taken hostage...this will facilitate helpful blindfolds.

*Roslynn is to Christen the vessel with an untapped bottle of Billy Beer.

*Any on-board sporting events are cancelled to protest misbehavior by Russia, China, N Korea or other tyrant run country.

*Large storage facillity to stack ready-made home kits for the sailors to assemble in any port they land in. Then donate them to the local peasantry.

I trust with these helpful modifications, our proud navy will truly reflect the remarkable leadership of such a statesman. :lmao:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Subs are out of sight, that's why they give them names of Democratic Presidents. Republicans get carriers, baby! :yay:

Hessian

I believe the last sea battle Jimmy faced...

was when he defended himself with a canoe paddle from the attack rabbit swimming at flank speed and putting his life in jeopardy. Awesome splash technique saved the day.

For those under 30...you might need to read up on the Jimmy Carter wonder years.

hollywoman

Naming the Carriers and Sub by Dem/Rep is not true. Look at the JFK homeported in Mayport, named after a Democrat President!

John Z

if you will
hollywoman said:
Naming the Carriers and Sub by Dem/Rep is not true. Look at the JFK homeported in Mayport, named after a Democrat President!

Yes, well, in an effort to remove Democratic President names from carriers, the Navy will be retiring JFK (CV-67) early (I think 2006).

Any confirmation to the rumor that nuclear carrier USS Tom DeLay is in the works? :patriot:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I thought you had to be a dead President to have a vessel named after you.

HMMMMMMMMM - wishful thinking, perhaps?

Mikeinsmd

Railroad said:
I thought you had to be a dead President to have a vessel named after you. HMMMMMMMMM - wishful thinking, perhaps?
Carter should have been sent to the bottom of the ocean while he was sitting as President. The worst President ever IMO..... He's the reason I became a Republican!!

Toxick

Splat
Hessian said:
For those under 30...you might need to read up on the Jimmy Carter wonder years.

I seem to remember gas lines that stretched all the way to the interstate, and the term slagflation being tossed about.

Good thing that cheap meaningless sex, psychoactive drugs and really cool reflecto-sunglasses were in plentiful cheap supply back then, or there wouldn't be any redeeming qualities at all.

willie

Toxick said:
I seem to remember gas lines that stretched all the way to the interstate, and the term slagflation being tossed about.

Good thing that cheap meaningless sex, psychoactive drugs and really cool reflecto-sunglasses were in plentiful cheap supply back then, or there wouldn't be any redeeming qualities at all.

If you were a rich Republican, like we all are, you could get 18% on your money.

B

Bruzilla

Hessian said:
I have some reccommendations for the Navy to include in the capabilities of this remarkable vessel:

You forgot decreasing the pay of crew members by 13.5% to reflect the interest rate of the Carter years.

On the plus side, the crew should be able to purchase Playboy magazine at the ship's store so they can commit adultery in their minds. :yay:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Steve said:
Subs are out of sight, that's why they give them names of Democratic Presidents. Republicans get carriers, baby! :yay:
Subs aren't normally named after people, and there is a carrier named Harry S Truman.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
John Z said:
Yes, well, in an effort to remove Democratic President names from carriers, the Navy will be retiring JFK (CV-67) early (I think 2006).

Any confirmation to the rumor that nuclear carrier USS Tom DeLay is in the works? :patriot:
No, the next won is the great George H.W. Bush. :note heavy sarcasm:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
John Z said:

She's going away early cause she ain't a nuke.

California_bred

Nordic Princess
John Z said:

Truman was a Democrat too.

California_bred

Nordic Princess
Mikeinsmd said:
Carter should have been sent to the bottom of the ocean while he was sitting as President. The worst President ever IMO..... He's the reason I became a Republican!!

I have a feeling he's getting a carrier named after him not for being a President, which most people would admit was not pretty. However he was a lot more successful as a diplomat after his presidency. DIdn't he win a Nobel Peace prize?