How did I miss THAT?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Three fascinating news items got my attention at Yahoo this morning when I got online. Makes me feel like I haven't been paying attention or something because two of the stories are not new.

- Scientists have run a CT scan on King Tut's mummy and have apparently found strong evidence that Tut was murdered.

- Tsunami waters uncovered the ruins of a 7th century port city in India, with walls boasting some intricate sculptures.

- Santa Fe New Mexico has apparently been built on top of an ancient Pueblo site. They discovered this while getting ready to build a new civic center on top of it - to replace the old one and a parking lot that are currently on top of it. Sounds like the city is going to go ahead and build their new civic center anyway.

For the full stories, you can go to Yahoo and click on the King Tut link in their "today's headlines" box, and when you get to that story, the other two will be in the "related stories" links.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that scientists have assumed Tut's murder. :shrug: As for the other, I have no clue.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Chasey_Lane said:
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that scientists have assumed Tut's murder. :shrug: As for the other, I have no clue.
I guess I'd forgotten that. But still, it IS news that they're on the verge of confirming it.

B

Bruzilla

Bogart said:
I hope they are able to charge somebody so the family can finally get some closure.

Oh No! I'll bet this drives CBS to develop CSI: Valley of the Kings... Coming This Fall! :dead:

Pete

Repete
Chasey_Lane said:
I have always suspected foul play. Something just never felt right about it.

S

scupper trout

Have a good Friday!

As sung by Steve Martin:

King Tut (King Tut)
Now when he was a young man,
He never thought he'd see
People stand in line to see the boy king.

(King Tut) How'd you get so funky?
(funky Tut) Did you do the monkey?
Born in Arizona,
Moved to Babylonia (king Tut).

(king Tut) Now, if I'd known
they'd line up just to see him,
I'd trade in all my money
And bought me a museum. (king Tut)

Buried with a donkey (funky Tut)
He's my favorite honkey!
Born in Arizona,
Moved to Babylonia (king Tut)

Dancin' by the Nile, (Disco Tut)
The ladies love his style, (boss Tut)
Rockin' for a mile (rockin' Tut)
He ate a crocodile.

He gave his life for tourism.
Golden idol!
He's an Egyptian
They're sellin' you.

Now, when I die,
now don't think I'm a nut,
don't want no fancy funeral,
Just one like ole king Tut. (king Tut)

He coulda won a Grammy,
Buried in his Jammies,
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia,
He was born in Arizona, got a condo made of stone-a,
King Tut! :getdown: :getdown:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bogart said:
I hope they are able to charge somebody so the family can finally get some closure.
Wonder if Geraldo will be there when they do the autopsy and open his skull for the first time..

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
itsbob said:
Wonder if Geraldo will be there when they do the autopsy and open his skull for the first time..

Oh, He!! no. If Geraldo (Gerry) Rivera (Rivers) is there, the skull will be empty.