American Idol

alex

I agree about Bo and Constantine. I was really disappointed in Anwar. I agree with, I think it was Paula, that all the guys did better during their previous auditions then they did last night. Most of them were boring. I definitely was not impressed with the last guy - Mario - that the judges just loved.

Toxick

Splat
Nanny Pam said:
Yep...#6 got my vote, too

I don't find Constantine incredibly entertaining, although I see that he's got the potential - and I would just LOVE to see a Rock & Roll guy get into the final rounds, or win it all together.

Honestly, I don't think that either of the rock and roll guys have a snowball's chance in hell. Not when the judges are slobbering all over themselves when the boy-band guys come out. The last guy, Mario, was really good, but I don't think he deserved the over-the-top wankfest that Paula and Randy gave him.

I also like that dude with the dreds. I don't remember what his name is, but he kicked a little hiney.

D

dems4me

I don't remember his name... the overweight bald dude... the one that stated he was not his father and how his father doesn't support him... his voice just makes me melt ... :drama: :love: :lol: He has alot of heart and I'm tired of folks picking on him for not being overly attractive, etc... beauty is only skin deep. : :love:

M

mitchiba

NUMBER 6 . He had a good voice. I can't wait to see how the chicks look, er, I mean sing. HAHAHA!

(finally time to read and post, off work today with the flu)

watercolor

yeah yeah
morganj614 said:
Constantine is a cutie pie but Bo Bice out sang him this time...

:yeahthat: I think he did far better last night than I heard before. And I was disappointed with Constantine last night. I am pullin for him.

Travis didnt do well at all last night. I as not impressed. I also agree with alex, that I did not like mario at all. He seemed to cookie cutter.. which I was under the assumption that they were looking for something other than that.

Last edited:
D

dems4me

watercolor said:
:yeahthat: I think he did far better last night than I heard before. And I was disappointed with Constantine last night. I am pullin for him.

Travis didnt do well at all last night. I as not impressed. I also agree with alex, that I did not like mario at all. He seemed to cookie cutter.. which I was under the assumption that they were looking for something other than that.

I didn't like Mario either and me and my roommate couldn't understand why the judges were praising him soo much... he sucked and we both were booing him throughout and couldn't wait until he got attacked like the rest and were stunned when he wasn't :mad:

Toxick

Splat
dems4me said:
I don't remember his name... the overweight bald dude... He has alot of heart and I'm tired of folks picking on him for not being overly attractive, etc... beauty is only skin deep. : :love:

I don't like him.

He's got a good voice, and I don't care what he looks like - but in the group-round - the week where they all had to harmonize - he totally screwed over his partners.

I don't care if he didn't do it on purpose, and I don't care if 2/3 of his partners made it despite his no-showing. I liked him in the preliminaries, but after that episide, I have been hoping that he gets booted. I thought that was totally inconsiderate and incompetant what he did.

D

dems4me

Toxick said:
I don't like him.

He's got a good voice, and I don't care what he looks like - but in the group-round - the week where they all had to harmonize - he totally screwed over his partners.

I don't care if he didn't do it on purpose, and I don't care if 2/3 of his partners made it despite his no-showing. I liked him in the preliminaries, but after that episide, I have been hoping that he gets booted. I thought that was totally inconsiderate and incompetant what he did.

oh crap... was he the one that was trying to distance himself from the others... :shakesmemorybank: yes I think you are correct, his attitude sucked... :ohwell: I guess I'm rooting for the kid from Mannsassa Virginia then until he can regain my respect. :ohwell:

Alright

who are we hoping goes tonight????

I don't like the little blond hair clay aiken wanna be guy and that chick michala...I'm hoping they go....

D

dems4me

workin hard said:
who are we hoping goes tonight????

I don't like the little blond hair clay aiken wanna be guy and that chick michala...I'm hoping they go....

Well... I hope Mario goes and that chic that wore the white dress -- you know the one - the one Simon said he wished he was her microphone... :ohwell: I love the bald fat dude and the girl in green that has the Martina McBride voice that was about 3 or 4 from the end :peace:

They were kinda mean in the way they did it last night...all of the sudden they say your out and your just kinda left standing there being asked what is going through your mind...

Toxick

Splat
workin hard said:
They were kinda mean in the way they did it last night...all of the sudden they say your out and your just kinda left standing there being asked what is going through your mind...

Yes, I thought that myself. Not only did Seacrest figuratively sucker-punch everyone (The way they got rid of the last guy was wicked-harsh), but then immediately afterwards he's yammering in their ear, without even giving them a chance to collect their thoughts.

"Bobby - YER OUTTA THERE! You're dreams have just been crushed, and now you're being humiliated on national televion with tens of millions of viewers, and they're all laughing at how pathetic you are - can you put your feelings into words for us right now? Right. Fricking. Now?!

"And then sing for us."

Simon has always been blunt to the point of cruelty, and I've always liked him for it. But somehow the cruelty displayed in the manner of eliminating contestants just made me uncomfortable. Maybe it's because Simon's brute-force tactics are not deceitful or full of malice, but they are honest doses of cold bitter reality. Last night's eliminations were just meam for the sake of being meam.

I'm all for naked cruelty on TV - when the 'victims' deserve it, but last night was just harsh.