Public open shooting event at Pax

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
From today's Tester:

A public open shooting event is scheduled to be held 11 am to 7 pm Monday 11/18/02 in the station indoor pistol shooting range. Open to everyone with station access and a government ID badge, including military, civil service and contractors.

Weapons must be registered with the pass office before bringing them on station.

Firearms up to .50 caliber black powder weapons are eligible. Double hearing protection is required at all times.

For more information, contact the NAS Pax River Police Department at 301-757-4664.

(There's a lot more information in the article, but I couldn't find an on-line version.)

Last edited:
J

justhangn

Originally posted by jazz lady
From today's Tester:

A public open shooting event is scheduled to be held 11 am to 7 pm Monday 11/8/02 in the station indoor pistol shooting range.

I'm sure glad this was posted before the 14th of November.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Better late than never. I guess they didn't want the competition. Maybe she meant the 18th - the 8th wasn't even a Monday.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oops...

Yes - they didn't even give a date in the paper - just said next Monday - so I thought I'd be helpful and stick it in there - it is on the 18th. :blushing:

I fixed it - sorry!

J

justhangn

Agreed, or December, not November.

Just being a smarta$$ mostly. :biggrin:

Taz

Can I nominate Voorhaar?

Did everyone see The Enterprise today. It seems our good buddy Wendell (who managed to have $80K worth of material confiscated by the deputies we pay---and they can't find this to return to him) was recently stopped by our loyal Sherriff's Department and strip-searched! He has a lawyer and is now requesting that anyy further actions like this have the Maryland State Police present.
Get real! Is this 1942 Germany or do people have rights?

I can't believe that this is happening in a supposedly free country!