T-t-taxes?

C

czygvtwkr

The lady at Jackson Hewitt in Lexington Park did a great job on mine, there was also a 10 off coupon on their website.

K

Katie

I did TurboTax on their website.

Next year we are going the accountant route with buying the new home, P's business, my charity work, and my home office. To much to try and figure out. This year we got a NICE refund which will cover our closing costs on the new house.

K

Kizzy

Try Turbo Tax, it is very simple and if you have somewhat of a clue of what is/isn't deductable, you will do fine.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Kizzy said:
Try Turbo Tax, it is very simple and if you have somewhat of a clue of what is/isn't deductable, you will do fine.
With TurboTax the built-in deduction finder will help a long way towards finding all of that. Besides I prefer not to open up all my finances to someone I only would go to once a year, but that is just me and I am fairly anal about logging categories for my expenditures with Quicken so it is real easy.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Kizzy said:
Effe turbo tax. You can't cheat! :tantrum

And I soooooo need an effin break this year. :bawl:

K

Kizzy

Ken King said:
With TurboTax the built-in deduction finder will help a long way towards finding all of that. Besides I prefer not to open up all my finances to someone I only would go to once a year, but that is just me and I am fairly anal about logging categories for my expenditures with Quicken so it is real easy.

Yes, and I actually do taxes for people, as a side business and agree. I have been doing them for 16 years. When you use to have to do it by hand, it was a PITA, required skill and time, now it is fairly easy, just follow the easy step guide.

BTW, I am not advertising here. :lol: I am no longer picking up new clients.

C

czygvtwkr

Ken King said:
Besides I prefer not to open up all my finances to someone I only would go to once a year, but that is just me and I am fairly anal about logging categories for my expenditures with Quicken so it is real easy.

Might be surprised, last year I read something about TurboTax being bundled with spy/adware you might be opening up your finances up to more than one stranger.

willie

czygvtwkr said:
Might be surprised, last year I read something about TurboTax being bundled with spy/adware you might be opening up your finances up to more than one stranger.
adaware, spybot and sp2 didn't find any spyware in my Turbotax this year or last. They do, however, try to sell you Intuit features and products during the Q & A. If you happen to have bought a big item like a car, Turbo tax will figure in an instant if it is worth claiming. It will even download stock/bond transactions and put them all where they belong. :yay: for Turbotax

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Side question: I know there is a 1-800 number that you can dial to check on the status of your federal tax return. You must first give your SSN, your refund amount, and a few other identifying bits of data before you get to the refund status.

But does anybody have that 1-800 number? I've misplaced it. :bawl:

Ken King

PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
Side question: I know there is a 1-800 number that you can dial to check on the status of your federal tax return. You must first give your SSN, your refund amount, and a few other identifying bits of data before you get to the refund status.

Why not go to http://www.irs.gov/ and click on "Where is my refund".

Ken King

PREMO Member
czygvtwkr said:
:bs: Have used it for 6 years now without ever receiving any adware, spyware, or any other problem.

Pegster710

The Pegster
BadGirl said:

Online girl!! www.irs.gov is the place to go!!!