The Problem w/Connoisseurs and Aficionados

ylexot

Super Genius
I'd definitely prefer a hand-made over a machine-made cigar, but I don't think Cubans are anything special. They definitely aren't worth the price. I'd rather have a Honduran at half the price.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
ylexot said:
I'd definitely prefer a hand-made over a machine-made cigar, but I don't think Cubans are anything special. They definitely aren't worth the price. I'd rather have a Honduran at half the price.

I think Cuban's are over-rated as well, but then it's a matter of taste. I did enjoy the reading the story, though.

Besides the radio, common entertainment (or distractrion) is someone reading the newspaper or a book while they roll cigars in the factory.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I had my first cigar a couple weeks ago at dinner with a guy ... it was a couple days after I attempted to quit smoking. It was interesting, and I'd venture to say I enjoyed it, even. Completely different flavor than ciggies.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
crabcake said:
I had my first cigar a couple weeks ago at dinner with a guy ... it was a couple days after I attempted to quit smoking. It was interesting, and I'd venture to say I enjoyed it, even. Completely different flavor than ciggies.

Congratulations. Cigars have a very interesting and colorful history. They're relaxing and aromatic.

FB has been keeping a Cigar Journal of the bands of the cigars he has smoked with a commentary for each cigar.