A Real Hollywood Hero

Makavide

Not too talkative
Hollywood still has a few who are worth their salt...Here's one !
Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC (Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio, Texas) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evac'd from Germany come to be hospitalized in the States, especially burn victims. They have buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a hotel that soldiers' families can stay at, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled to the brim most of the time. While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He got his check book out and wrote a check out for the full amount right there on the spot. I and many of you are familiar with the success of the Fisher House program and were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it. I hope you will help spread it.

By the way... He has a son who is a Marine in Iraq

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Mostly true

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
FAR out! I was going to post some kind of sarcastic reply until I read your post, Makavide. Thanks for sharing it! What a guy.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Now for the rest of the story.........

Vince said:
Read this article last week. Thought it was great. Need more people like him. :yay:
although he did not, as described above, "get out his checkbook" on the spot and write a check for the full amount needed to construct a new <NOBR>building — made</NOBR> a substantial contribution to the charity. Between <NOBR>Mr. Washington's</NOBR> generous donation and other contributions collected over the holidays, the Foundation now has the funds necessary to build another house near the Brooke Army Medical Center.

One version of the Denzel Washington e-mail in circulation concludes, "By the <NOBR>way . . .</NOBR> He has a son who is a Marine in Iraq." Although Denzel Washington does have two sons (and also two daughters), neither of his sons is a Marine or is stationed in Iraq. One son is far too young to be serving in the military (he's only thirteen years old), and Denzel's older son, 21-year-old John David Washington, is currently a student and football star at Morehouse College in Atlanta.

Still pretty damn awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!