Bob Evans To Open

SxyPrincess

Re: Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Kyle
And I'll be counting the victims! :barf:

:roflmao: I've gotten sick EVERY time I've eaten there. I give a big thumbs down to Bob Evans.
062802puke_prv.gif

SmallTown

Football season!
Ok..

Since I don't need any more negative material to work with, I'll avoid the place.. Thanks for the tip!

SmallTown

Football season!
Friendly's.. Interesting place.. Went there once for lunch once. Since I don't want to appear like I am always negative, I won't discuss the details but leave it that we never went there again.
I was hoping this new place would be something we could enjoy

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The only Bob Evans restaurant I have been to is the one in Prince Frederick. My experience has always been positive: very friendly waitresses, quick service, good food.

withered

There is a Bob Evans up where 301 merges with 3 in Northern Bowie (or up in that direction). I stop in there at least once a month on my way up through there. They have great Sausage Gravy. I can't wait until the place is opened down here. It is going to be a mad house. So, when is there going to be a forum get-together there?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
What's your opinion of Cracker Barrel? Would you like to see one in St. Mary's?

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Tonio

We used to go to the ones back home.. Just roll us out of there after having breakfast!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by jazz lady
The only Bob Evans restaurant I have been to is the one in Prince Frederick. My experience has always been positive: very friendly waitresses, quick service, good food.

Have to agree with Jazz, never had a prob with Bob Evans, don't go there that often because its always packed..

dum_blonde

Re: Bob Evans

Originally posted by Kain99
Anything is better than Friendly's ..

Originally posted by SmallTown
Friendly's.. Interesting place.. Went there once for lunch once. Since I don't want to appear like I am always negative, I won't discuss the details but leave it that we never went there again.
I was hoping this new place would be something we could enjoy

Having worked at Friendly's for two years, I'd like to explain:
- It sucked ### when it first opened due to indiscriminate hiring and disorganization on the part of the manager.
- Every time it started to get better, more employees would be hired that were either uninterested in working or didn't receive adequate training before they were put on the floor... again, management.
- When the restaurant was in the midst of rebuilding its reputation, many customers would come in *expecting* to have a terrible time. Guess what happens when you do that?

That's my take on it. There were good managers there (hi Judith and Angi!), but there was one who was, in my opinion, a tad incompetent. And now St. Mary's has lost another ice cream venue. It's actually very sad how few places sell sundaes and such.

By the way... < rant >

$1 is not a good tip. If you don't like your food, don't eat it and then expect a refund. If you ask the question "How long does it take to make a ____?" you are ignoring the fact that your dish is not the only one being made. For the love of God... *servers do not make the food*. Leaving no tip is the epitome of rudeness and should only be used in extremely negative eating situations.

Um... that's all for now.

<un-rant>

Jennifer

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Bob Evans

Originally posted by dum_blonde
*. Leaving no tip is the epitome of rudeness and should only be used in extremely negative eating situations.

Agreed! I once had an extremely negative serving situation (at a now-closed restaurant, thankfully). We waited about 30 minutes for our food, and when it came it was not what we had ordered. We asked the waitress to take it back and bring us our correct orders. Another 15 minutes and the waitress returns with food, still not what we had ordered. All during this, two other employees were sitting at a booth hanging out.

Since we had already had appetizers, we just decided to pay for these and leave without eating our lunch. I left a 5-cent tip, which I felt meant more than leaving no tip at all. For that kind of service, the waitress should have given ME whatever money she had in her wallet.

SmallTown

Football season!
I am known to be a very good tipper because of a friend in college who worked as a bartender and he told me about some of the horror tip stories.

But I only tip nicely for good service. The waiter/waitress knew when they took the job that the hourly wage sucked and tips were the way to make money. Some seem to forget that tips are not given't out as charity, rather a "reward" for good work.

Our waitress at friendly's did not get a good tip from us. It wasn't because the food was terrible, it was her lack of concern. When I told her to please take my plate because the smell alone was making me sick, she just swept it out from me almost spilling it.. Never saying she was sorry for my thoughts on the food or offering to get me something else that may be better. She finally comes back and plops the bill on the table and walks away, not saying a word.. And i'm sure she went and told her buddies that "wow, what a cheap jerk!" Only if she knew.. My minimum tip for someone who at least says hi and asks how things are gets 18%.. Most get AT LEAST 20%. Heck, I have even given a $20 tip for a bill that was only $20 (and no, it wasn't at a Hooters!). I really enjoy good service and don't mind paying for it. But it has to be good.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by Tonio

Aren't these all just about the same place with a different paint job? Perkins/Friendly's/Bob Evans/Cracker Barrell/IHOP are pretty much out of the same mold... It comes down to the employees who make it or break it.