"Reality" TV???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/specials/worstcouple/worstcouple.html

The middle couple on the page are our friends, Chris and Ann, that were supposed to be on the Trading Spouses show. There was a SNAFU and they couldn't appear but then they got tapped for "What Not To Wear". Their episode airs March 18.

IRL, they don't have blue and pink hair. They are hippies, of a sort, and her wardrobe consists of Ramones t-shirts, pedal pushers and pink Chucks, but they aren't "worst dressed" by any stretch of the imagination. He is cute as a button and she is downright beautiful, but that picture makes them look like a couple of goobers.

So I'm kind of disillusioned about the whole celebrity/reality scene. I feel like everything we're fed on TV and in magazines is just phony crap. I mean, are Brad and Jennifer really breaking up? Were they ever really together? Does Mary Kate even go to NYU? I mean, she and my daughter supposedly go to the same school, and I realize it's a big "campus", but you'd think she'd know someone who had at least seen one of the Olsen twins around. One of her fellow Tischers or at least some kid in her dorm should have a class or something with one of them.

I give up. This is why I only watch the news - you know, the REAL stuff (haha :ohwell:).

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
that picture makes them look like a couple of goobers.

I'd be a goober too for a $5K shopping spree and a really cool haircut/makeover. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My US magazine says that Kirstie Alley topped out at 207 - that HAS to be bullshit. They say the camera puts on 10 pounds, not 100.

Then they say that Jennifer Aniston is 5'5" and weighs 110 pounds - that's not thin, that's emaciated.

No wonder women are so psychotic when it comes to their bodies and weight. Some gal who's 5'8" and weighs 207 would look at Kirstie and go, "Holy ####!!! I look like that!!!" when, in reality, she doesn't look nearly that big.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sharon said:
I'd be a goober too for a $5K shopping spree and a really cool haircut/makeover. :yay:
They got a trip to New York out of it, too. It's just the dishonesty of it that gets me.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
At least in pro wrestling, most people on the inside and outside know that's all an act. I think this has been true since the days of Gorgeous George. It's always been about cartoon villains and heroes. That's a big reason I don't like "reality" TV--it gives us exaggerated heroes and villains, but pretends that it's all honest-to-god, swear-on-a-stack-of-bibles real.

Did you hear the latest claim about Survivor? Allegedly, the newest series ditched seven contestants shortly before taping and asked a modeling agency for replacements.

somdcrab

vraiblonde said:
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/specials/worstcouple/worstcouple.html

The middle couple on the page are our friends, Chris and Ann, that were supposed to be on the Trading Spouses show. There was a SNAFU and they couldn't appear but then they got tapped for "What Not To Wear". Their episode airs March 18.

IRL, they don't have blue and pink hair. They are hippies, of a sort, and her wardrobe consists of Ramones t-shirts, pedal pushers and pink Chucks, but they aren't "worst dressed" by any stretch of the imagination. He is cute as a button and she is downright beautiful, but that picture makes them look like a couple of goobers.

So I'm kind of disillusioned about the whole celebrity/reality scene. I feel like everything we're fed on TV and in magazines is just phony crap. I mean, are Brad and Jennifer really breaking up? Were they ever really together? Does Mary Kate even go to NYU? I mean, she and my daughter supposedly go to the same school, and I realize it's a big "campus", but you'd think she'd know someone who had at least seen one of the Olsen twins around. One of her fellow Tischers or at least some kid in her dorm should have a class or something with one of them.

I give up. This is why I only watch the news - you know, the REAL stuff (haha :ohwell:).

Vrai :confused: :poorbaby: have you considered a 12 step group??? dems, canuck and nanny pam will prolly go wif you for support, sheeeeeiaaat i'll even go if'n i can get work release :huggy: j/k hey i got some karma from you it says the real vrai not an imposter ty if it was you :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
somdcrab said:
have you considered a 12 step group???
No! NO, DAMNIT!!! I WILL NOT "seek help" because the media lie to us and distort reality in the name of ratings! I WILL NOT stand idly by while women starve themselves because of the false image of "perfection" that Hollywood peddles! I WILL NOT shrug my shoulders and say "oh well" when magazines try to sell me products to make me look like Nicolette Sheridan when SHE doesn't even look like Nicolette Sheridan!

Women of the world UNITE! We DO NOT have to take this! We are wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, employees, business owners. We are IMPORTANT, DAMNIT, and we should DEMAND to be treated with the respect and honor that we deserve - that we have EARNED!!!

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

And yes, that was me that gave you the karma.

janey83

Twenty Something
vraiblonde said:
No! NO, DAMNIT!!! I WILL NOT "seek help" because the media lie to us and distort reality in the name of ratings! I WILL NOT stand idly by while women starve themselves because of the false image of "perfection" that Hollywood peddles! I WILL NOT shrug my shoulders and say "oh well" when magazines try to sell me products to make me look like Nicolette Sheridan when SHE doesn't even look like Nicolette Sheridan!

Women of the world UNITE! We DO NOT have to take this! We are wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, employees, business owners. We are IMPORTANT, DAMNIT, and we should DEMAND to be treated with the respect and honor that we deserve - that we have EARNED!!!

have you seen the new dove commercials? "campaign for real beauty" :banana:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

I might have to turn this on tomorrow night. :roflmao:

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/fatactress.html

DEVILISH

I think reality shows prove that insecure women such as yourself have nothing better to do but to watch others..
I wonder, do you have a boyfriend/husband? If so, I guess he just doesn't keep you occupied enough.