DiGiovanni's

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Very expensive for Italian Food, but on par with the high end of Solomons dining. Everything is a-la-carte so expect to assemble your meal in the $35 range if you want an entree and salad. Very good food and atmosphere.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I've been there several times in the last 3 years, and while they've had problems in the past with chefs coming and going, they have stabilized the kitchen staff and serve up a very good meal.
The wine list is second to none in the area, and it's on the water, so afternoon meal goers have have a good view of the harbor surroundings. Costs are medium pricey, but well worth it. Let them know beforehand it's an Anniversary Dinner, and see if they don't come up with something special for you.

BTW, congrats! :howdy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We went a couple of months ago. It was so cold that I wore my coat the whole time we were there. You'd think, with their prices they could turn up the heat.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
elaine said:
We went a couple of months ago. It was so cold that I wore my coat the whole time we were there. You'd think, with their prices they could turn up the heat.
Drink more wine!! :roflmao:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I don't think very much of this place. The food is sub-par, the prices (for what you're getting) are astronomical, the atmosphere is as ghetto as they come...and whoever said they have a great wine-list must have seen something I didn't, because I did a double take at the lack of variety.

The only thing the place has going for it is its service---which was impeccable both times I went there.

For something as special as an anniversary I don't think DiGiovanni's would do you any justice.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Club'nBabySeals said:
I don't think very much of this place. The food is sub-par, the prices (for what you're getting) are astronomical, the atmosphere is as ghetto as they come...and whoever said they have a great wine-list must have seen something I didn't, because I did a double take at the lack of variety.

The only thing the place has going for it is its service---which was impeccable both times I went there.

For something as special as an anniversary I don't think DiGiovanni's would do you any justice.
I've been there for dinner, or for drinks maybe 30+ occasions, and can't recall a bad meal there, but heck it's all relative to what you expected or heard about the place. The only beef I ever had about DiGiovanni's was the wait between appetizers and the main meal; for a time there, like I said, they had problems with the culinary staff, and that was what caused it.
However, that's now history, and things have improved dramatically.

Ceff, the owner's spouse(plays bartender at times too) is something of a wine connoisseur(sp?) for many years now , and when he reccomends a wine to me for dinner, I trust him and I've yet to be dissatisfied.

But, those are just my experiences there. :shrug:

ohstate

This places has had so many ups and downs its ridiculous. We have sworn off going back again. It was definitely down the last two times we went. We have sworn off it a few other times, then about once every year or two, we decide to see if it has improved, and are generally disappointed. I have had to send back more meals there because they weren't prepared properly (how hard is it to do a steak medium rare?) or they say something isn't in a cream sauce, and sure enough, it comes out smothered in it. We always make a point of asking because my husband doesn't care for it, and they can't seem to grasp a simple concept like knowing the menu. The wait staff has been both incompetent and wonderful, depending on who you get. I'd rather spend this kind of money at CDs or Dry Dock, where I know they can consistently turn out food that is worth it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:

I would guess that XOXO17 doesn't work there.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I had the pleasure of dining there on my birthday this last October. I felt not only that the service was wonderfull but the food was as well. I left with allot to take home in my to go box. I was lucky enough not to have to pay for my meal but did not feel that the menu prices were that out of the norm. I would say give it a shot at least once.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SHOOT, can't remember the name of the place down here.. GREAT atmosphere, good food.. decent prices..

There are two places, and don't want to give you the wrong name, the other place is definetely a local hang out/ restaurant..

Spinnakers I think is the nice one.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
SHOOT, can't remember the name of the place down here.. GREAT atmosphere, good food.. decent prices..

There are two places, and don't want to give you the wrong name, the other place is definetely a local hang out/ restaurant..

Spinnakers I think is the nice one.

:yay: I love Spinnaker's. Scheible's is the local hangout and the food is just okay.