Orthodontist - Dr. Doumit

redfish

We're thinking of using Dr. Doumit for our child's braces. Can anyone who's been his patient (or the parent of a patient) pass on their experiences (good or bad)? Thanks.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
When I first got custody of my daughter at 13, I took her to see him. Her mother hadn't been providing her with much in the way of medical care and she had about every orthodonic problem you can have. After he got done taking photo's of her mouth, he got up in my face and started telling me how neglecting a kid's oral health might be considered criminal and wanted to know why she hadn't been recieving dental care.
He cares, what more can I say except he rides a motorcycle.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
redfish said:
We're thinking of using Dr. Doumit for our child's braces. Can anyone who's been his patient (or the parent of a patient) pass on their experiences (good or bad)? Thanks.

Ex-wife's daughter was his patient before her teens. She was satisfied with him. I think she'll go back into braces once all of her adult teeth come in.

Generally, I think the best referral for an orthodontist is from your family dentist who has seen the finished product of multiple ortho's. My dentist still shakes his head every time I get my teeth cleaned, stating that Dr Murphy was the best d@mned orthodontist this county has seen. He was grumpy as heck, but very good at orthodontics. But that was almost 20 years ago.

Oz said:
My dentist still shakes his head every time I get my teeth cleaned, stating that Dr Murphy was the best d@mned orthodontist this county has seen.
With boobs like yours, it's a wonder anyone notices your smile...:shrug:

sonsorae

What now?!
My daughter went to him. He is a great doctor, just one of the most expensive in town. His staff sucks. They had our bills so messed up it took a couple of years (when she had her braces removed) for them to get it straight. His staff needs some lesson on customer service because in their office, the customer is wrong without looking into the details. They told my daughter on several occassions her braces would be off the month, then it was another month, then another month....gave her false hopes....other than that Dr. Doumitt himself is hot!

Midnightrider

my boy has been seeing him for about 1 1/2 years, i wondered if he actually had a plan a few times, but the boys teeth are straight now and we are just awaiting some other unrealted dentistry before we take the braces off.
I have been pretty happy overall, well as happy as one can be when they spen 5 grand and don't get a new toy out of the deal

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
My son is a patient of Dr Doumit. We have been extremely pleased. From retainer to full braces - less than $3K - but insurance helps to dictate the expense. My younger son went in on a recommendation from the dentist, and Dr Doumit said he doubted the boy would ever need braces - so I don't think he'd shaft anyone.

amethyst_babes

My Dd has been a patient for 1 1/2 years. We've been very happy. I haven't had a problem with his staff, either. We've changed insurance twice and never had billing problems.

We rarely have to wait long when we have appts.

chrissyhh

:yeahthat:" ..other than that Dr. Doumitt himself is hot!" :yeahthat:

He did braces for my son about 6 years ago..GREAT Dr., I would highly recommend him.

Pandora

bresamil said:
My son is a patient of Dr Doumit. We have been extremely pleased. From retainer to full braces - less than $3K - but insurance helps to dictate the expense. My younger son went in on a recommendation from the dentist, and Dr Doumit said he doubted the boy would ever need braces - so I don't think he'd shaft anyone.

That is good to know. How is it getting an appointment? :confused:

Today, I didn’t get such good news about my oldest son. He has a tooth that hasn’t come in on the bottom and after reviewing the x-rays, there just isn’t room for the tooth to come in, so this Monday, they are bringing him back in for the full face x-ray and the dentist will write out a referral.

I knew it was coming but now I feel rushed and not prepared. :jameo:

My dentist suggested Dr. Doumit, and he has an office located right next to our Pediatric dentist in Charlotte Hall. Which BTW, where you in that office today?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pandora said:
That is good to know. How is it getting an appointment? :confused:

Today, I didn’t get such good news about my oldest son. He has a tooth that hasn’t come in on the bottom and after reviewing the x-rays, there just isn’t room for the tooth to come in, so this Monday, they are bringing him back in for the full face x-ray and the dentist will write out a referral.

I knew it was coming but now I feel rushed and not prepared. :jameo:

My dentist suggested Dr. Doumit, and he has an office located right next to our Pediatric dentist in Charlotte Hall. Which BTW, where you in that office today?
Appointments are easy to get. I've been very pleased with the results. I haven't been in either office for awhile but we have a checkup this week.

Hopefully all will work out well.

Pandora

Bre,

You have a twin. :lol:

She had a boy and a girl with her. The boy was not dressed in a uniform, but her daughter was.

We find out more tomorrow. A few close friends at work suggested him as well so that is where we will be going.

marylandmom

Orthodontist

My son goes to Dr. Koterwas in California, we love him. The doctor talks with me regularly about my son's progress and the staff is nice.