St Mary's County Government Computer Probs?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Does anyone know what's going on with Saint Mary's County Government web site, and apparently their computer system in general today?

The web addresses at www.stmarysmd.com and co.saint-marys.md.us have been offline all day. Heard on the scanner at lunch time that the EOC printers weren't working. Email to/from county government users is apparently down.

Must be something big. Anyone have insight?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Yup - I was more concerned with accessing the web pages. I don't have an issue with the email address format or anything. Just trying to verify that the problem wasn't with my connection.

I can't reach www.stmarysmd.com or co.saint-marys.md.us via Verizon DSL or AOL connection, since mid-morning today so I presume it's an IT problem.

Thought we might have a county employee on here with some insight... (Someone already verified that they hadn't received any external emails all day.)

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I was just able to reach the county web pages, via both addresses above...

:cool:

5857dave

Don't Know about their website but......

Try sending an e-mail to the BOCC when their main staff assisstant is out. You get an auto response telling you that the e-mail will not be forwarded until she returns (could be she is on vacation/ hospitalized, etc.). What a way to run a government! One person is out and nothing gets done? Why are we paying for all the other people if all revolves around only one? Subsequent e-mail to BOCC about the problem. Guess what? Got bounced back; woman was not in again.