Do Not Go To Xtreeme Motorsports

avengersteve

i went to xtreeme motorsports to get my widows tinted and hub rings put on the hubs..... i got car back and they jacked it up first by the floorboard... there is a huge dent in the passengerside, and 2nd unde the drivers door (under the car) and i have dents in the sheet metal the tint is peeling, and they say"the dents were there" when we started and there is no warantee on the tint. verry PISSED! :burning:

K

Kain99

I know it's too late but next time...D&G Customs.

Those guys pride themselves on their work.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Kain99 said:

:yeahthat: And I'm sure they would be glad to fix Xtremes screw up on the tint! They do an awesome job :yay:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Kain99 said:

I'd watch the pricing there. And the tint work. Nice guys but I have seen a car or two that have had corners cut.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
I suggest speaking to the manager of that store & if they don't fix what they screwed up....then go to the store owner/management...Good Luck :yay:

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
appyday said:
They put a new engine in my car..it is horrible...it won't idle and it cuts off around turns...it was an expensive mistake.. :dead:

That sounds like you might not be getting enough fuel to the engine. Not necessarily a problem with the engine itself. Probably something they didn't hook up right when they were done.

mondoman

this is mondomans son and i had brought my ECU there because i thought there was a problem with it. They said it was burned out. So they gave me a AUTO civic ECU, and mine is a manual.

come to find out, it was the ground for the engine and the ECU wasnt burned out. so we took it back and my parents got a free oil change.

i haven't dealt with them since, and don't plan to either.

gigi6

My son worked there a total of 3 weeks!!!!!!! He told me they ripped him off by refusing to give him his last paycheck. They over-charged customers and ripped them off at every corner! He said after three weeks, he couldn't take it anymore. He quit!

My son went to Lincoln Tech and is a great car mechanic - but said the work they do is SO SHODDY!

Definately - D&G Customs! He said they pride themselves on their work and they are fair priced and will NOT rip you off

wv4x4

Save yourself the time and the money and just do things yourself! I wouldn't let neither one of those places touch my vehicle! I've talked to some of the techs at D&G and they don't have the first clue!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Yup, that's my take on it too - don't go to those places because they truly are ripoff joints. A lot of the things enthusiasts can do to their cars, can be done at home. And REAL mechanical work should be taken to REAL mechanics, not some kid you wouldn't trust to fix your lawnmower.

Petter Solberg

True True. All the "bing bing" shops are good for is installing glow lights. They are a bunch of morons when it comes to mechanical work and motorsports.

Railroad said:
Yup, that's my take on it too - don't go to those places because they truly are ripoff joints. A lot of the things enthusiasts can do to their cars, can be done at home. And REAL mechanical work should be taken to REAL mechanics, not some kid you wouldn't trust to fix your lawnmower.

sinwagon

Go here, along w/ the better business bureau and make a complaint. Most of the time, the complaints that could stop future business from others is enough to make them do something. I have found www.badbusinessbureau.com to be VERY effective!

twolfe

in lx park I was told by the dork at extreme in with the "540hp" stock camaro. that they can swap just my heads on my motor and will go from a 350ci to a 427ci.. :confused: i wouldnt buy anything from them . They are also pretty expencive.. use ebay.. or do it your self.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
twolfe said:
in lx park I was told by the dork at extreme in with the "540hp" stock camaro. that they can swap just my heads on my motor and will go from a 350ci to a 427ci.. :confused: i wouldnt buy anything from them . They are also pretty expencive.. use ebay.. or do it your self.

Ummm... don't the heads get bored out to go from 350ci to 427ci? I guess with a small block you have to go to 383ci, not 427ci. It is an expensive procedure. Usually best to buy a bigger remanufactured engine.

Petter Solberg

540 hp :lol: I noticed the decal "540h.p." on the Camaro. What a poser. That car sounds bone stock.
I went to that shop a year ago looking for some Redline Water Wetter and they didn't have a clue what I was asking for. Xtreme "Motorsports" my ass. Should be named something like Extreme Bing Bings, the place to go for chrome and neon lights.

twolfe said:

twolfe

Ummm... don't the heads get bored out to go from 350ci to 427ci? I guess with a small block you have to go to 383ci, not 427ci. It is an expensive procedure. Usually best to buy a bigger remanufactured engine.

"boreing" a head will reduce your compression if you dont change the pistons. boaring something it so make the hole harger. you can port and grind the head for flow and do some compression reduction. for you to gain the large 427 in a small block you are to boar and resleave the block. then you would match the CC's in the heads for your compression and Flow and so on..

you dont just gain Cubic inches by changing to a bigger head. it is impossible on a SB chevy. unless you know somethign im not up to date on. Correct me if im wrong.