Teen Jobs

mondoman

Okay im not exactly sure which part of the forum i should put this in, but i think that this fits it the best. If there is any problem then please move or close this.

Alright. Well i'm mondomans son and im 15, lately ive been trying to look for a job but just dont know where to look, ive put in a few applications at some places, but would like to know more.

Does anyone know of anywhere that hires 15 year olds? and i don't mean to sound picky but fastfood is not going to happen.

K

Kain99

mondoman said:
Okay im not exactly sure which part of the forum i should put this in, but i think that this fits it the best. If there is any problem then please move or close this.

Alright. Well i'm mondomans son and im 15, lately ive been trying to look for a job but just dont know where to look, ive put in a few applications at some places, but would like to know more.

Does anyone know of anywhere that hires 15 year olds? and i don't mean to sound picky but fastfood is not going to happen.
Jared? :twitch:

Are there specific days of the week, hours in the day you are aiming for? How will you be getting to and from said job...:confused: Are you a girly-manchild, do you object to physical labor or could you apply to some of the landscaping places? Are you looking for after-school work, weekend-only work or is this something you are attempting to set up for the summer...:shrug:

K

Kain99

kwillia said:
Naw... he works for Subway and this kid says fast food is out of the question...:ohwell:
No he's been stomping around the house all night belly acheing that no one will hire a 15 year old. Ugggh Now to find out which Daddy. :lmao:

mondoman

well, seems like you guys are much help ::rolls eyes:: well some anyways.

getting to and from work is not a problem. And i plan to work after school, weekends, and hopefully anytime in the summer.

but before i get to concerned about what times i can work, i would like to be able to find places that i can work out first, and work from there.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
I worked at Ledo's in the kitchen for several months when I was in high school. It wasn't too bad.

The advice I have is that after you put in an application, talk to a manager right then or call back a few days later. Some managers are lazy and don't call people back based on applications. If you're in the store/restaurant when they need help, they'll hire you.

mondoman

I know most jobs dont hire people until the age of 16, but im willing to work. i actually perfer something more physical. But as of right now im willing to work at alot of places.

Christy

b*tch rocket
mondoman said:
I know most jobs dont hire people until the age of 16, but im willing to work. i actually perfer something more physical. But as of right now im willing to work at alot of places.
Have you considered asking around the neighborhood for odd jobs like mowing grass and whatnot? :shrug:

mondoman

Thats what i was planning on doing ^^^

just have to find restaraunts that hire 15 year olds. Anyone know any off the top of your heads.

one of the applications that i turned in was to nicolletti's but haven't got a response yet. i think i may call them soon.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mondoman said:
Thats what i was planning on doing ^^^

just have to find restaraunts that hire 15 year olds. Anyone know any off the top of your heads.

one of the applications that i turned in was to nicolletti's but haven't got a response yet. i think i may call them soon.
Kitchen Help house keeping, or yard/ facility maintenance at a Nursing Home.. son works at Asbury in the kitchen, no contact with the patients unless he works in the dining room and makes 8.50 an hour..

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Most restaurants do hire at 15 w/a work permit. Actually, I think a lot of places hire a 15 with a permit. Eagerness to work, being prompt, courteous demeanor and respectful attitude, and oh, doing your job will get you a long way. Good luck in your endeavors. Will post if I come across anything.

MLE

flibberdejibbit
mondoman said:
well, seems like you guys are much help ::rolls eyes:: well some anyways.

getting to and from work is not a problem. And i plan to work after school, weekends, and hopefully anytime in the summer.

but before i get to concerned about what times i can work, i would like to be able to find places that i can work out first, and work from there.

Hello :) Not sure if I am late in this conversation, but last week, Asahi had a note on their door, looking for a dishwasher the 10am-1400 (I think) shift. You might even check St Mary's veterinarian. My very first job, though labor intensive, was at a vet- caring for the animals. It could be kind of messy, but after a while, they let me watch the surgeries, and if I hadn't had after school track, I would have been allowed to help. Vets almost always need help behind the scenes, but they are busy so you have to call them- at least show them you are motivated.

My personal advice after years of searching for a job that was more than a weak-azz paycheck...go for what you WANT, not what you can 'get'. Jobs are not always advertised- decide where you want to work, and start asking- it is alright to 'bug' them to a point, to show your interest- they will remember when they finally do need someone (or as in my case above, will hire you just because you are insistent and show motivation). Of course (you already know this, but...) you will have to live up to that motivated initial persistence, but you sound sincere, so you may not have a problem.

Good Luck! MLE

mondoman

MLE said:
Hello :) Not sure if I am late in this conversation, but last week, Asahi had a note on their door, looking for a dishwasher the 10am-1400 (I think) shift.

my mother was telling me about that. it would be quite different to work there haha

Airgasm you have a reply

dizzy

How about a landscaping company? Mowing lawns planting and keeping up shrubs etc.
They work evenings and weekends

OldHillcrestGuy

If distance is no problem, and you have a ride to Leonardtown, try Tru-Value, my son worked at the one in Charlotte Hall, before he was 16, maybe even at 14 and a half, at that time they hired help under 16 (now that was 10yrs ago maybe the hiring age has changed) very good people to work for. Both stores have same owner. They close early in the evenings so you do still have your evenings to do things. It was a great experience learning the hardware trade, he went on to work at Lowes for awhile before moving on into law enforcement. Maybe a grocery store as a bagger if you dont want fast food.