So how is Alice's staying open..and what do you all think of 3 Brothers?

After a few years in the restaurant bussiness I find it hard to belive a restaurant can survive being open till 3 on the week days. I was there one when they changed over and the xeroxed menu's chased me away. I used to eat there all the time when it was Perkins though since they had decent food that wasn't expensive. Now I will drive by on a Friday or Saturday when they are open late (7pm I think) and there are 3 cars in teh parking lot. I wish I had more money...the place is ina good location and has great protential...I think I could make a nice restaurant outta it.

Also was anyone horrified the first time they ate at 3 Brothers? Being Italian I am deeply offended by what they call italian food:(

J

justhangn

I went to Alice's ONCE. They only had about 6 entrees to serve and they were not very appetizing. By the time the drinks were served, we decided to just leave and the waitress was more than happy to let us go, she couldn’t have cared less.

I have never tried 3 Brothers, but it sounds like I don’t want to either.

Maybe you could make Alice’s an offer than can’t refuse. :really:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I could be wrong but many years ago the only 3 Bros. was in Beltway Plaza and then one opened on Kenilworth Avenue in Hyattsville (all in PG County). I thought these were the same family and the food was great. Is it a franchise now (or maybe it always was).

Reminds me of Ledo's Pizza. The original one (that I grew up with) was in Adelphi, MD and the pizza was always great. Now that it's a franchise, the food is only as good as your last visit.

SmallTown

Football season!
I'm not sure if it is classified as a franchise, but yes, it is part of the original 3 brothers in (i think) PG county

K

Kain99

You mean there's still an Alice's opened? The one in Leonardtown closed after only a month or two. I ate there one time and I really didn't like it much.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cattitude
... Reminds me of Ledo's Pizza. The original one (that I grew up with) was in Adelphi, MD and the pizza was always great. Now that it's a franchise, the food is only as good as your last visit.
Howdy neighbor! That was one of my favorite restaurants to go to... That and Fireside!

What part of Hyattsville/Adelphi?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Kyle
Howdy neighbor! That was one of my favorite restaurants to go to... That and Fireside!

What part of Hyattsville/Adelphi?

Actually, I grew up in Greenbelt. And we LOVED Fireside. You know it is totally gone? Some new building, I think an eye care center or some such thing is in it's place. Thank GOD, the "barn" is still there.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I lived right off of East-West Highway and Riggs Road and went to Northwestern.

Yeah. I last dined there right before they closed.

I was hoping Bobby would open another one in the Southern Maryland area or something but unfortunately it's gone for good. :frown:

The franchised Ledo's aren't anywhere near as good, or have the menu, as the original. We need a Fireside for So. MD. maybe we can picket Bealls house until they open one?

Last edited:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Catt & Kyle

Geez, I remember all of those when I was living in New Carrollton. As far as the new 3 Bros goes... :barf: I can't understand why people eat there, the food is so bland. I guess they don't know how to cook.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Alice's closes at 3 p.m.? Reminds me of Dean's Lumber and Mitchell's Hardware, who tailor their store hours to fit the needs of the building contractors (7 a.m. to 4 p.m.).

I've been to 3 Brothers once, and I prefer Nicoletti's. I like Nikko's too, but its weekend hours are very unpredictable.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
:lmao:

I didn't stay there though... I moved when I was in H.S. so I went from Northwestern to Chopticon! And my first impression, of Chopticon, when I saw it was.... "OK! Wheres' the rest of it?" :biggrin:

But to the topic of Alices... It sucks.

blueeyes76

Three Brothers blows Ledo's out of the water. In my opinion, nobody cooks Italian food like it's cooked in an Italian home, so I don't expect it to be all that great at restaurants.

By the way Tonio, Nikko's is Greek not Italian. :wink:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
To me, 3 Brothers falls along the line of that Danny's place in Waldorf. They offer Chinese and American and none of it is really good. I consider them glorified sub shops. You should know what you're getting when you walk into these places. I've heard rumors of a lot of places going into where Alice's is, so maybe they're just staying open until something is finalized. HOPEFULLY.