Walmart Day after Thanksgiving

K

Kimmy

Did any one happen to be in the mess this morning at Wal-mart? I got there at about 5:30 and it was a mess. The line of people was backed up to Wendy's. My Mom got there at 4:45 and the line was already pretty long.

I really don't think that a lot of the store's had good after Thanksgiving sales going on. It is just a tradition for my Mom and I to go Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving.

We went to Kmart and there was hardly any people there. We were there for about an hour and left to go back to Wal-mart and the parking lot was completely full. Even the parking for Wendy's, Applebee's, and Checker. I thought that there was some kind-of fire law against having that may people in a building at once? There was know line either. I didn't go in there because I had to get to work.:bawl: :bawl:

blueeyes76

No way!!!! I avoid all stores on the day after Thanksgiving!!!! I can't stand dealing with all of the ignorant people in Wal-Mart on a regular day!

K

Kain99

Long Lines, Grouchy, Pushy, Panic Stricken Shoppers.... That's all part of the fun! :rolleyes: My sister in law hits the street at 5:00 a.m. every year! Personally, I sleep in and shop on Christmas Eve!

J

justhangn

I wait for Wal-Mart to go to 24 hours and then go shopping at 2am.

What do you know, the lines are non-existent.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes!

Originally posted by justhangn

Amen to that! One advantage of being a night owl! :lol:

K

Katie

YUCK...you couldn't pay me enough...

I think Walmart is crowded half the time anyhow. I can't imagine going there Day after thanksgiving. I hate shopping the day after. I came into work instead, might as well make some money and not spend it.

STMLADY

Originally posted by Kain99
Long Lines, Grouchy, Pushy, Panic Stricken Shoppers.... That's all part of the fun! :rolleyes: My sister in law hits the street at 5:00 a.m. every year! Personally, I sleep in and shop on Christmas Eve!

Hubby and I have done that a couple of times. Stores look like a tornado has gone through it but most of the time there is only a couple of people in there and they will actually talk to you and joke around about being there on Christmas Eve.

G

giggles04

Exactly!

Originally posted by justhangn

I do it every year!!!!! :biggrin:

Snow Shovel

Got to Wally-World about three minutes after they opened this morning. Great fun. Got almost all of my Christmas shopping done by 7:30.

There are always some knuckleheads there taking the whole thing too seriously, but for the most part people make an effort to be patient and courteous. Big lines; big crowds. I get a big kick out of it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I almost never go to a store, period. Why would you when you can order online? But I DID hit the Radio Shack this morning - they had those electronic address book organizer things for $5! I bought 6 of them for stocking stuffers and one for me!

Yahoo!

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I almost never go to a store, period. Why would you when you can order online? But I DID hit the Radio Shack this morning - they had those electronic address book organizer things for $5! I bought 6 of them for stocking stuffers and one for me!

Yahoo!

I'm confused... Did you buy 6, or 7 of those $5 organizer thingies?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
6 - 1 for me and 5 for whoever. I do that a lot - buy something I think is cool, then figure out who to give it to :wink: I was afraid they'd be cheapo junk but I already put addresses and reminders in mine and I LOVE it!

K

Kizzy

My son and I hit the Mall at St. Charles Town Center at 8:30 this morning. It was horrible! I agree Vrail. I did ALL the shopping for the kids at toyrus.com. I got everything within a few days. Sure beats the crowd and the lines.

red

I was suppose to go to wal-mart today to pick up some ghost shrimp. i didn't even think about the holiday pile up. i'm glad i got sidetracked. i hate crowds.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I did a lot of shopping yesterday, so I am nearly done. The crowds didn't get to me, but maybe that is because I knew what I wanted, got it and left. My friend and I hit Belk, Penny's, Sassafras Hill, Target, K-Mart, WalMart, Apple Basket, the Harley shop and Traditions of Loveville.

Then we went home and ate some more :biggrin:

Took the kids to the tree lighting in town last night. My daughter ended up on stage with Santa to help light the tree. She was SOOOOO excited! I think her picture is going to be in the paper too! (did I get that right?)

watercolor

yeah yeah
Jesse's parents we up at the mall at 4:30. CRAZINESS. you would never ever catch my butt up anywhere that early. PURE INSANE!
Now Im with you JH...I will do the mid-night shopping. Best time to do it. Gotta love the slowness that you can just taaaaaaake your time.