New Pope elected

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
baileydog said:
Pope Benedict the 16th is his Pope name
Do you take the name of your first pet and the first street you lived on to get your Pope name?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
From some quick Web reading, Ratzinger sounds scary. He has claimed that the pedophilia scandal here in the US was all made up as a deliberate plot to discredit the Church.

And I disagree with his contention that feminism is about de-gendering men and women. He's been reading too much of the late Andrea Dworkin, a nutjob who was an embarrassment to anyone who believes in equal opportunity for the genders.

But then, I wouldn't expect to agree with an defender of orthodoxy like Ratzinger in the first place--I am anti-orthodoxy.

K

Kizzy

I just think 78 is too old to be the Pope. :peace: Plus this guy. :twitch: Not too happy with that at all.

I watched it on TV and the confusion that existed trying to figure out if the Popestack was black or white. It is amazing how many people are standing there waiting at St. Peter's Square.

D

dems4me

We were talking about the Pope choice here at work and most people find the german thing disconcerning... the guy next to me said..."Boy this just really sucks being a Redskin fan AND a Catholic" :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
baileydog said:
Pope Benedict the 16th is his Pope name
I wonder if other countries are aware of the taint that the name Benedict has here in America.