"Jane Fonda Gets Spit On"

D

dems4me

K_Jo said:
Can you post the whole article, please? I don't want to sign up. :flowers:

I think that infringes on trademark or copyright laws or something. :shrug: Board lady said no last I recall.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
One of the men's room stalls at Pax used to have a box of toilet seat covers with "Hanoi Jane Toilet Seat Covers" written on the cardboard.

Hmmm, what indignities would Jane have to undergo for America's fighting men and women to forgive her? Sounds like a poll idea. (Like Jane is really going to go for a mea culpa--self-obsessed people like her never think they're wrong about anything.)

Tomcat

Anytime
Tonio said:
One of the men's room stalls at Pax used to have a box of toilet seat covers with "Hanoi Jane Toilet Seat Covers" written on the cardboard.
You've never been to the American Legion, where her picture is in the urinal?

Gotta give the guy credit though, he stood in line for an hour and a half to do it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Tomcat said:
You've never been to the American Legion, where her picture is in the urinal?
I've been to the ones in Ridge and Hughesville, but didn't see that picture.

Toxick

Splat
Tonio said:
Hmmm, what indignities would Jane have to undergo for America's fighting men and women to forgive her?

I have a feeling that no matter what, there is a very large - nay, huge - mass of people who will never forgive her. No matter what indignities she suffers.

I have the feeling that when she goes to that great hippy-commune in the sky, her final resting place had better be kept secret, or they will have to install a spitoon and a toilet-paper dispenser nearby, and the grounds-keeper will quit.

Tonio said:
Sounds like a poll idea.

If nothing else, it would be fun to take this poll.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
TheKansasCityChannel.com said:
Jane Fonda has said her 1972 trip to North Vietnam was an incredible lapse in judgment.
In fact, Fonda refuses to condemn her trip to Hanoi. She only characterized sitting on the AAA seat as an "incredible lapse in judgement." This is not a question of interpretation of what she said. Millions saw it on 60 Minutes. This is a desparate attempt to rehabilitate Fonda and her liberal leanings.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Tonio said:
Hmmm, what indignities would Jane have to undergo for America's fighting men and women to forgive her?

I seem to recall the Buddhist monks in Saigon had a great way a making a public statement around that time. It had something to do with a gallon of high-test gasoline and a butane cigarette lighter.

Vince

Lenny said:
In fact, Fonda refuses to condemn her trip to Hanoi. She only characterized sitting on the AAA seat as an "incredible lapse in judgement."
:yeahthat: She offered no appology and deserves nothing in return. I hope they let the guy off.