Headlines everywhere reading...

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
slowest GDP growth in two years...which, it is, but that is hardly the story. It should be that the slowest GDP growth in two years is a good 3.1%!!!

But, no, that is not the bent of the news articles. They talk of soft patches, etc... not that 3.1% is a good number and, as the low in two years, it reflects a wonderfully growing economy!

FromTexas said:
slowest GDP growth in two years...which, it is, but that is hardly the story. It should be that the slowest GDP growth in two years is a good 3.1%!!!

But, no, that is not the bent of the news articles. They talk of soft patches, etc... not that 3.1% is a good number and, as the low in two years, it reflects a wonderfully growing economy!
:banghead: Haven't you learned by now? All news that could be remotely considered GOOD news for Republicans is to be presented in the worst possible light? If an unemployed, homeless conservative white male won the lottery for 3.5 million $$, the headline would be "Lottery System Racist, $$ Meant for Minorities Diverted to Underserving White Man!"

Spoiled

huntr1 said:
Pick up the book Intifada Hits the Headlines be Daniel Dor

169 pages of proof :)

(doing a book review on it ATM)

its great, I no longer need to cite if its something i know and have learned (unless its from the book im reviewing) unless I have to look it up... Upper level class <3 :)

Spoiled said:

its great, I no longer need to cite if its something i know and have learned (unless its from the book im reviewing) unless I have to look it up... Upper level class <3 :)
1 book does not constitute proof. That constitutes opinion. Cite articles in the actual Isralie press.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:

They let you slack like that? By know and learned, they mean general professional knowledge related to the field you are in. Just making arguments from someone elses works to prove something still requires citation in any professional standard.

Also, Ann Coulter wrote a book all about the bias on the left in the media "proving" it..., but I doubt you say that is proof the liberal slant in the media.

ylexot

Super Genius
FromTexas said:
They let you slack like that? By know and learned, they mean general professional knowledge related to the field you are in. Just making arguments from someone elses works to prove something still requires citation in any professional standard.

Also, Ann Coulter wrote a book all about the bias on the left in the media "proving" it..., but I doubt you say that is proof the liberal slant in the media.
You beat me to it. :burning:

Spoiled

for the record i have done research for the class, hours upon hours going through old (1910s-1950s) news papers on micro film to draw conclusions on US coverage of the israel/palestine issue(s)

The book is filled with sources, im going to class, when i get back ill post several examples...

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Spoiled said:
for the record i have done research for the class, hours upon hours going through old (1910s-1950s) news papers on micro film to draw conclusions on US coverage of the israel/palestine issue(s)

The book is filled with sources, im going to class, when i get back ill post several examples...

Have to ask the professor for a few examples, eh? If you need some help, I can think of a few. :banana:

ylexot

Super Genius
Spoiled said:
There was US coverage of the "israel/palestine issue(s)" in the 1910s-1950s?

Spoiled

ylexot said:
There was US coverage of the "israel/palestine issue(s)" in the 1910s-1950s?
Was a very big issue, "the near east question" The ottoman empire collapsed and someone had to take the land

And the Zionist movement... Many many americans supported it

and i only have that class once a week: monday nights

The Yediot Ahronot on NOv 1th published published under the headline:

ONE MONTH OF INTIFADA: SUMMARY IN FIGURES

1397 firebombs
26 explosive charges
184 Israelis injured
12 Israelis dead
10,000 Soldiers in territories

they neglected to say anything about the 130 dead palestinians and the thousands injured

This is an example of the selective coverage that occurs in their media... There are many many more examples but I have psychology starting at 1:45 so I need to go :x

Mikeinsmd

Spoiled said:
Was a very big issue, "the near east question" The ottoman empire collapsed and someone had to take the land
And the Zionist movement... Many many americans supported it
and i only have that class once a week: monday nights
The Yediot Ahronot on NOv 1th published published under the headline:
they neglected to say anything about the 130 dead palestinians and the thousands injured. This is an example of the selective coverage that occurs in their media... There are many many more examples but I have psychology starting at 1:45 so I need to go :x
I don't really care how many Palestinians are dead or injured......... Any culture that supports & encourages blowing up disco's, commuter busses & pizza parlors should be annihilated in my opinion...

Spoiled

Mikeinsmd said:
I don't really care how many Palestinians are dead or injured......... Any culture that supports & encourages blowing up disco's, commuter busses & pizza parlors should be annihilated in my opinion...
thats the thing, they dont ALL do that... And in this conflict you cant say either side is completely at fault... Both parties have their dark sides... and i would say their dark sides are about equal

Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

Spoiled said:
thats the thing, they dont ALL do that... And in this conflict you cant say either side is completely at fault... Both parties have their dark sides... and i would say their dark sides are about equal
I'll dissagree with ya Spoiled. Israelies do not blow up and kill innocent civilians. They retaliate when it is done to them by taking out leaders of the PLO.

As long as the PLO's suicide bombers get on trains, busses and retail outlets, my opinion is to annihilate them all.

Whoever gave me red for stating this opinion, why don't you go to Israel and ride the busses & frequent the disco's that are being targeted. Lose an arm, leg, loved one and I bet your mind would change then!!

Spoiled

Mikeinsmd said:
I'll dissagree with ya Spoiled. Israelies do not blow up and kill innocent civilians. They retaliate when it is done to them by taking out leaders of the PLO.

As long as the PLO's suicide bombers get on trains, busses and retail outlets, my opinion is to annihilate them all.

Whoever gave me red for stating this opinion, why don't you go to Israel and ride the busses & frequent the disco's that are being targeted. Lose an arm, leg, loved one and I bet your mind would change then!!
You do realize the Palestinians were kicked out of thier land? and the israelis did go into their cities and just take them over or just told people to leave or they would be killed (in some cases they did kill them)... Like I said each party has its dark side... The zionists did assassinate a few people and did commit acts of terrorism as well...

Out of curiosity have you ever heard the story about the USS liberty during the 6 day war?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Spoiled said:
You do realize the Palestinians were kicked out of thier land? and the israelis did go into their cities and just take them over or just told people to leave or they would be killed (in some cases they did kill them)...
Okay, Mr. History Major - care to tell us WHY the Palestinians were "kicked" off "their" land? Or WHY the Israelis "took over" "their" cities?

Or don't your anti-Semitic teachers tell you that part?

Out of curiosity have you ever heard the story about the USS liberty during the 6 day war?
Yes - have you? That was a US error, not an Israeli error.

Mikeinsmd

Spoiled said:
You do realize the Palestinians were kicked out of thier land? and the israelis did go into their cities and just take them over or just told people to leave or they would be killed (in some cases they did kill them)... Like I said each party has its dark side... The zionists did assassinate a few people and did commit acts of terrorism as well... Out of curiosity have you ever heard the story about the USS liberty during the 6 day war?
Remember who started this spat between Israel & Palestine. Palestine did and Israel kicked their azz back and then some. USA would have returned the land...... Israel told them "You attacked us, go pound sand". The fruits of war.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Mikeinsmd said:
Remember who started this spat between Israel & Palestine. Palestine did and Israel kicked their azz back and then some. USA would have returned the land...... Israel told them "You attacked us, go pound sand". The fruits of war.

Even better yet, does anyone know who got the spoils of the Ottoman Empire because they won a war and therefore had the right to give the land to the Israelies?