Onward and upward!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It just aggrevates me that these slimey little filth make rulings like this, knowing they'll be overturned, wasting more taxpayer money and High Courts time.

:burning:

K

Kain99

I'm startng to think that these idiots are more interested in Press than making wise and just rulings.

B

Bruzilla

If CA gun owners were smart there would be new militia groups popping up faster than Gay rights discussion groups.

demsformd

This ruling is incredibly wrong and without true legal standing. The one thing that I hate about fellow liberals is there downright opposition to gun ownership, which is a civil right. I do not own a gun, I will never own one, and I have never shot one before, yet I am so gratful that in this nation I have the choice to own one or not. The 2nd Amendment does give the right to own a gun to our citizens. The framers said that this right was bestowed to form a state militia but after two hundred years of millions of non-milita Americans owning weapons, we would have to assume that the framers thought that people had the right to own a gun for their own protection. Yes, the Constitution is a living document and yes the interpretation of it must change over the years but never should the power of the people to exercise their civil liberties be stripped from our free nation. Words cannot express my disgust for the decision of these judges.

MGKrebs

endangered species
The thing I find weird

is that apparently the case was about assault weapons. Did they even need to make such a broad statement? After all, there is no doubt that SOME weapons need to be restricted- we can't have, say, Kyle running around with Stingers, for God's sake. :smile:

demsformd

The judges in California are apparently judicial activists, as many are regardless of ideology. Such broad statements often occur during cases, for example in Casey v. Planned Parenthood the constitutionality of abortion restrictions were questioned yet the lawyers for Casey and some of the conservative members of the Supreme Court attempted to interpret the case as a question of the constitutionality of abortion in general. Judicial activism causes such broad statements and it will never go away.
And yes, we do need some restrictions on gun ownership.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Judge Stephen Reinhardt’s decisions are well know by the Supreme Court. He is one of the most overturned judges in history. Guess he just wants to leave a legacy. Thank you President Carter.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: The thing I find weird

Originally posted by MGKrebs
... we can't have, say, Kyle running around with Stingers, for God's sake. :smile:
I happen to be a very responsible operator of the FIM-92A and... I've never carelessly or deliberately launched one at any Home-grown commie.... Err I mean Democrat!

No matter how much they deserved it!

:wink: