Iraq arms report

MGKrebs

endangered species
What the hell is going on here?
They way I heard it, the UN security council said that the inspectors should look at it first, before even we saw it.
We were apparently surprised by this. (Aren't we on the security council?)
Then, we were worried that it might contain sensitive info, and wanted to control access to it.
Then Saddam lets the press have a little look?? We (or the UN) didn't set up a procedure for turning over these supposedly highly sensitive documents?

My take- this is all eyewash. We didn't set up a procedure because we don't care if he turns over the documents or not, and won't even read them if he does. We don't entertain the possibility that saddam might finally feel that the jig is up and he better do right.

At the same time, trying to work within the UN is at cross-purposes to our goal, and continues therefore, to be frustrating.

K

Kain99

Listen Maynard!!!! (hahahahahahahahaha) I finally got to say it!

If ya wanna be a rag head, hop a flight and find a cave!

How can you be so dog gone Anti American dude? Are you suggesting that men can change???? Puhlease..... Once a Crazed Lunatic always a Crazed Lunatic!

I have babies in this Country, don't ask me to kiss Nuclear Armed's ***

If ya need cash.... I'll get cha' a flight.... Go Now Bud.... Go Now!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If ya wanna be a rag head, hop a flight and find a cave!
:roflmao: Normally I just laugh to myself but this was too priceless! Sorry, Maynard - it just made me laugh. :roflmao:

MGKrebs

endangered species
I must not have communicated clearly

I'm not trying to be pro saddam or anything. I'm just sayin' that it seems pretty apparent that the whole UN thing is BS. We're gonna do what we want to do anyway. You guys agree with all this right? So why the need to dis me?

I just thought it might be an interesting topic. Excuuuuse me.

K

Kain99

Sure MG the entire UN wants Iraq blown off the map... catch a hint honey!

MGKrebs

endangered species
Kain, are you even reading this stuff?

Let me try to be more plain: (and I'm speculating a little)

The UN is trying to do this a certain way- presumably to avoid violence.
The security council wants the inspectors to have the info in the report to help them do their job.
The poor guy who is our rep on the security council is doing what he thinks he is supposed to do- work with the UN.
But when he does, we find out that the White House doesn't like it.
The White House wants the report right away so they can start refuting it right away, since the Army is ready to go.
Saddam, being the goofball that he is, tweaks Bush's nose by letting the press have a peek first.

OK? I'm not really making any judgements here, just laying it out as I see it. Thought you guys might have some thoughts other than calling me names.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by jetmonkey
Hi Krebs. I'm an unpopular ####, too :smile: I'm also not very sophisticated politically, but I'll try to engage, just sitting here watching the Mayweather fight with my cat on my lap. I'm such an unpopular #### I didn't get invited to bk's party. :bawl:

Well, I tried to address some of your concerns here, but when I finished I sounded pretty much insane so I am deleting it all. Better to be thought a fool, right?

Sorry, I tried :frown:

Somebody's been hitting the sauce again...:frown: Don't worry jet I am personally inviting you to the New Years Eve Bash at Christy's!

I think your non- invite tonight is my fault.... You said something in a PM about not being part of the Meeet and Greet crowd and I passed that on..

Don't worry, I'lll fix it! :smile:

K

Kain99

Look Jet.... It's like this.... I have a BIG mouth and I am the dumbest of the dumb!

The drunks would love nothing more than a chance to add you to the list!

MG.... BK is real (trust me)

Come on Buddy crawl out of your hole and meet everybody!!! We are way nicer than we appear! :biggrin:

You too MG, (snot ball) We have plan's for people like you so come join the Party! :razz2:

H

Heretic

The question is "do we believe it"

So far Iraq has given us every reason under the sun to not believe them when they say they don't have anything that they are not supposed to.

Just a few days ago they admited to trying to obtain medium range missiles (cant have those) but since that isnt the main concern its being looked at as a plea bargain (admit something lesser and get off for larger violation).

Does anyone have a good reason why we should believe Iraq?