List Of Base Closings In Alphabetical Order

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
POSTED: 9:34 am EDT May 13, 2005

WASHINGTON -- A list obtained by The Associated Press of military facilities the Defense Department recommended for closure Friday:

Alabama:

Abbott U.S. Army Reserve Center, Tuskegee
Anderson U.S. Army Reserve Center, Troy
Armed Forces Reserve Center, Mobile
BG William P. Screws U.S. Army Reserve Center, Montgomery
Fort Ganey Army National Guard Reserve Center, Mobile
Fort Hanna Army National Guard Reserve Center, Birmingham
Gary U.S. Army Reserve Center, Enterprize
Navy Recruiting District Headquarters, Montgomery
Navy Reserve Center, Tuscaloosa
The Adjutant General Bldg, AL Army National Guard, Montgomery
Wright U.S. Army Reserve Center

Alaska:

Kulis Air Guard Station

Arizona:

Air Force Research Lab, Mesa
Allen Hall Armed Forces Reserve Center, Tucson

MORE COMING

marianne said:
So Pax would lose 3 military positions and gain a total of 31 contractors between the 2 divisions affected. Def. Finance and Accounting is slated for closure (loss of 53 contractors) and generic "Pax River" is slated to lose 10 military in some area, then gain 7 in another, and lose 142 contractors in 1 area and gain 226 in another.

Looks like Indian Head came out pretty well too.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
THAT is great news! :clap:

It does look like there will be a bit of realignment around here but a net overall gain. :yay: In Maryland, Ft. Meade, Aberdeen, and NNMC/Bethesda will be booming.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Virginia is spared, too. Saw the news this morning, and they have 25 bases - didn't realize there were so many.

Pennsylvania lost a few bases, but they still came out pretty favorable.

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
What does REALIGN mean?QUOTE]

I realize this word may seem a little big and daunting for you... try breaking it into parts sweetie like this
Re + Align -- that should help you. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
aps45819 said:
What does REALIGN mean?
They're changing the name on the front gate?
No, they're moving the functions performed by one base to a different base or bases without closing them.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Texas was a BIG winner. Imagine that! :lol:

I did some of the BRAC data calls for Pax last year and I must say Pax came out looking very good, so I'm not surprised that we've fared so well. :yay:

Last edited:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
This is only the preliminary BRAC recommendation list. It will go to Congress for either approval, or a kick back.

Once Congress approves it, it will go to W. for a signature. By all historical averages, it'll be well into September before the finalized version is signed.

Point being, we're not out of the woods yet. It's not been unheard of for a location that hadn't made the draft to suddenly show up after Congress has had a go. More than likely, however, the fact that PAX didn't make the draft cut is good news.