California Broke!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: Sure, and maybe they'll provide for bus tickets back to Mexico for them!

penn

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But wait! There's more! Guess who's going to be subsidizing California's deficit? That's right, boys and girls - the REST of us! California - is this what they mean by "welfare state"?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Earth Moving

Originally posted by vraiblonde
But wait! There's more! Guess who's going to be subsidizing California's deficit? That's right, boys and girls - the REST of us! California - is this what they mean by "welfare state"?
:frown: I think it's time for the "big one" along the San Andreas fault line to shake California loose from the mainland and allow them to secede from the rest of the lower 48. Maybe they'll
elect Ms. Striesand as new president.:bubble:

penn

J

justhangn

Re: Earth Moving

Originally posted by penncam
:frown: I think it's time for the "big one" along the San Andreas fault line to shake California loose from the mainland and allow them to secede from the rest of the lower 48. Maybe they'll
elect Ms. Striesand as new president.:bubble:

penn

I've always thought that a properly placed thermo nuclear device would do the trick nicely. :really:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Earth Moving

Originally posted by justhangn
I've always thought that a properly placed thermo nuclear device would do the trick nicely. :really:

:confused: A little messy wouldn't you say? Besides that, El Nino
just might blow from that direction and make us glow in the dark,
and we'd have no distinctions from the former USSR submariners;
What did G. Bush Sr, proclaim? A Million Points of Light?

penn

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Earth Moving

Originally posted by penncam
:confused: A little messy wouldn't you say? Besides that, El Nino
just might blow from that direction and make us glow in the dark,
and we'd have no distinctions from the former USSR submariners;
What did G. Bush Sr, proclaim? A Million Points of Light?

penn

Think subterranean man!!

Delilah903

Originally posted by vraiblonde

I think it's very interesting that California didn't want to construct anymore Power Plants in their state because it would pollute the environment. They were then forced to buy their power from other states and facilities at an outrageous price. This is probably where a lot of the deficit came from. Why should we pay for California's stupidity?

I know we will have to, but that doesn't mean we have to like it. Just exactly how much can we afford to protect the environment??

Delilah903

Originally posted by justhangn
Oh yea, those "wind farms" are really bad about putting out polution. :rolleyes:

http://www.windpower.org/core.htm

It seems obvious to me that the "Wind Farms" are not doing a very effective job in California or they wouldn't have been subjected to the 'rolling blackouts" this past summer. My only point was that if they would construct power plants in California, they wouldn't have to buy power from other sources, thus reducing their deficit, which we all agree will come at the expense of all the taxpayers.

B

Bruzilla

California politicians love to brag about how they are the trendsetters in environmental, social welfare, crime control, gun control, energy, etc., policy. They love to pass initiatives without regard to their impact just to show that they're the leaders (and this goes to both sides of the isle out there.) Well... now the check is due and I agree with Vrai that they'll try to find some way to stick us with it.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
California Dreamin'

Originally posted by Bruzilla
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/09/n...n=496fcc83eb784259&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1

Maybe Streisand, Spielburg, Roberts, Affleck, and the rest of the Hollywood Libs will break out the checkbooks and help out the poor and impoverished folks.:biggrin:

:burning: Maybe that is the answer! Mssrs Streisand, Speilburg, Roberts, and Affleck, AND Clooney raised so much money for 9/11 victims, they could possibly do it again for their beloved. progressive, fruit and nut state. Just don't let the United Way or Red Cross in on the deal; they'd have to get their "cut" and pay for infrastructuring costs.

penn

Christy

b*tch rocket
There are already a bunch of nutties up in arms over the wind farms. Apparently a bird or two has lost their life by flying into the windmill blades. :twitch: UFB what some folks get distressed over.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Christy
There are already a bunch of nutties up in arms over the wind farms. Apparently a bird or two has lost their life by flying into the windmill blades. :twitch: UFB what some folks get distressed over.

:biggrin: UFB, maybe. But you gotta remember one thing: We
are talking about California here! Gary Condit land. The state where a panel of judges can declare the Pledge of Allegiance illegal in public schools, where they declare whole tracts of land off limits because one species of fricken insignificant fruit flies are about to become extinct! Are you shaking your head yet?
Funny how all the fruits and nuts seemed to gravitate to one place. Must be the water.

penn

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's be fair...

...Condit is gone. The voters in his district say so.

As far as being broke, yeah, a large part of it is energy related.

As far as who will pay: California is the 800 pound gorilla in the US. They wield a lot of power with a bit more than 1 out of every ten members of the US congress representing their interests.

Think about that.