Worst vacation ever

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ok, so off for our annual vacation we go. Get to where were going, first the car breaks,front u joint, $125.00 to fix. Next day, caliper locks up, another $125.00 to fix. All this time I'm relizing my 70 year father is getting mean as hell. So hes on my case about all kinds of stupid crap. And if this isnt all bad enough, I get a call thursday that my 11 year old German Shepherd has had a major siezure and passed away. Of course, all I want to do is come home and the car is in the shop and I'm a 1000 miles away. I'm so sad because I wasn't with Cheyanne when she died. Finally got home ,had the funeral and burial yesterday. Can it get much worse.

K

Kizzy

Yes, bad luck comes in 3's. :huggy:

#1. Car broke down
#2. Dog died
#3. ?????

I know it sounds silly, but I've always beleived that bad luck comes in a 3 pack.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Kizzy said:
Yes, bad luck comes in 3's. :huggy:

#1. Car broke down
#2. Dog died
#3. ?????

I know it sounds silly, but I've always beleived that bad luck comes in a 3 pack.

Car broke down 2 separate times. that could make 3

R

remaxrealtor

baileydog said:
Ok, so off for our annual vacation we go. Get to where were going, first the car breaks,front u joint, $125.00 to fix. Next day, caliper locks up, another $125.00 to fix. All this time I'm relizing my 70 year father is getting mean as hell. So hes on my case about all kinds of stupid crap. And if this isnt all bad enough, I get a call thursday that my 11 year old German Shepherd has had a major siezure and passed away. Of course, all I want to do is come home and the car is in the shop and I'm a 1000 miles away. I'm so sad because I wasn't with Cheyanne when she died. Finally got home ,had the funeral and burial yesterday. Can it get much worse.

I'm so sorry to hear this. You're in my prayers.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Sorry you lost your beloved dog while on vacation. It is a helpless feeling. I think you're done with the bad luck. The car got you twice. Take heart.

PrepH4U

I am so sorry about your dog, my heart goes out to you! :huggy:
It sounds like your vacation you went to see relatives, don't ever do that again!
I did that for 20 years, now WHEN I get to go on vacation it is for me, not being guilted in to going to visit relatives. ( although the guilt will linger)
Sorry about your crappy time!

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I remember a couple years back my family was planning to go on vacation. At the same time, our cat was basically on death's door. It was pretty heart wrenching to decide whether to leave her at home and have someone check up on her everyday and hope that she makes it the two weeks we were away, or whether to just take her to the vet and have them put her down. Finally, the night before we were supposed to leave, she passed away in the middle of the night. Of course it was sad, but in a way it was a major relief not to have to make that decision and not have that looming over us during our trip. It's sad not to be there for your pet when it passes, so my heart goes out to you.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
SkinkTyree said:
Sorry to hear about your loss.

I remember a couple years back my family was planning to go on vacation. At the same time, our cat was basically on death's door. It was pretty heart wrenching to decide whether to leave her at home and have someone check up on her everyday and hope that she makes it the two weeks we were away, or whether to just take her to the vet and have them put her down. Finally, the night before we were supposed to leave, she passed away in the middle of the night. Of course it was sad, but in a way it was a major relief not to have to make that decision and not have that looming over us during our trip. It's sad not to be there for your pet when it passes, so my heart goes out to you.
So you let her suffer for your own selfishness?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Chasey_Lane said:

Hey, why do you have to be mean. I can tell you first hand that haveing a sick pet is as bad as having a sick kid. Sometimes the right decision isnt always made, but I believe her heart was in theright place. SO BACK OFF THE PET PEOPLE!. Sorry, just having a really bad day.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
baileydog said:
Hey, why do you have to be mean. I can tell you first hand that haveing a sick pet is as bad as having a sick kid. Sometimes the right decision isnt always made, but I believe her heart was in theright place. SO BACK OFF THE PET PEOPLE!. Sorry, just having a really bad day.
:blahblah: I've lost a pet, too, but never by my cruelty.

Hessian

I doubt it is any comfort ...

but if you were to compose your thoughts a bit...you might be able to put it to music and let it climb the country chart.

My Dober had a seizure while I was gone for a weekend...we got her to a vet within a day and they couldn't find a decent vein for a blood test...they were very certain she was in a mortal state-had to put her down ...sobbing like I lost my best friend (which I did)

anyway...I know about the father thing too---know that there are plenty of folks that sympathize with tour vacation from hell...

...trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Prov 3 5&6.

Chasey_Lane said:

No, we didn't let her suffer at all. We gave her all the love and attention a pet owner ought to give to their pet, and hoped against hope she would recover. And in the end, she died rather peacefully in my sister's lap. I'm not necessarily against euthanising a pet when its obvious they are going to die, but this cat had actually showed a few signs of improvement despite her poor condition, and the hope was that she would be strong enough to last a few more months with us. Unfortunately, she didn't make it, but I think the way she died--in my sister's lap--was a lot more comforting than having to go to a vet and put her down there. The same went for my golden retriever, who also passed away at home in a similarly peaceful way.

Heck, you ask about any one dying--a pet or a human--and you'd rather they pass away at home than in a hospital. Thus the reason for home hospice care, which was a godsend when my grandmother passed away.