pagers

Taz

We both work and are often unable to get in touch with each other via telephone. Cell phone coverage is really bad in this area, we had awful coverage with Cellular One and gave it up. I have two pagers and am thinking maybe we should try getting them re-crystalled and turned on.
Does anyone know which company gets decent coverage in SOMD? Coverage would have to be from St. Inigoes to Clements and include Lex Park and Hollywood. We want to be able to receive pages inside buildings too (only one story bldg).
Any comments, horror stories?
Thanks!

K

Kain99

PageAll is pretty good! You'lll have to call because they have restructred the business and have a new location.

Our Cell phones pick up everywhere! Got em' at The Verizon store in California. Motorola's. Haven't missed a call yet! I don't suggest Nextel but I know lotsa people who love it.

Taz

Thanks. We thought about getting another cell phone, but we are always near a phone, so pager seems best way to go if coverage is good. My six-year old got sick at school and it took school almost two hours to catch up with one of us....we want to keep this from happening again.

Taz

Our experience with cell phone is they won't work inside stores, offices, etc. We even had to go upstairs at home to use cell phone. We got that one cause Verizon was on strike when we finished building our house and we couldn't get phone hooked up.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I would suggest pageall. they are great. I went through them all through high school...and I never had a problem, all the way to penn state.

G

giggles04

I use Next Communications... and I get all kinds of coverage with my pager. I live in St. Inigoes and it works fine... sometimes not in Ridge though... but I can even get pages in VA and Ocean City too

blueeyes76

Originally posted by Kimberly
I think they need to make cell phones with paging ability.

They do! The phone I had with Sprint had that capability, but their service here stinks! In order to receive a page you had to have a digital signal.

Pagers...I always had mine through Bell Atlantic...which is now Verizon. I never had problems with them.