Lasik

Christy

b*tch rocket
Someone had posted on here before that they'd had the lasik performed. I'm looking into it and would like to know from anyone who's had it done, what doctor did you use?

I saw an advertisement for one in Prince Frederick (Maryland Regional Eye Associates). Anyone ever been there?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That's where Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles went wasn't it?

:wink:

Havent' needed it but I've heard it works great.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I do. I like Dr. Michael Dodd. There was a woman I wouldn't give you 2 cents for but I think she's gone. I had a really strange problem and I saw Dr. Dodd quite often and really liked him. I still go there for my regular checkups.

At least I think that's what his practice is called. It's behind Ruby Tuesdays in PF.

K

KBlues

I had it done in September.

Barbra is actually the one who told me all about it before I had it done.

H

Heretic

Well did it work? How well? Any problems? Anything wierd?

Is it hard to keep your eye open while they zap you with a laser?

K

KBlues

For me it was very easy. They gave me Valuim before the surgery. I didn't feel a thing except a little pressure when they put the clamp on to keep my eyelid open.

They put numbing drops in my eyes, put the clamp on my right eye and told me to stare at the red light. It got very blurry and dark when they first put the clamp on, but that wasn't too bad. I stared at the light, the machine cut my cornea flap (again no pain. I didn't feel it at all), Dr. told me to stare at the light and told me it was going to start. The laser turned on, and they counted down. It smelled like something was burning a little bit, and then it was over. The laser turned off and he took the clamp off, and did the same with the left eye.

After I got up, they checked my eyes, and I had to wear these huge plastic shields. Those shields won't get you any style points. I went home, slept, woke up and could see! I woke up the next morning with very clear vision and now almost 3 months later, I went for a check up yesterday. I am seeing 20/20 and loving it! No starburts, no blurry streaks, just clear eyesight. I threw away my contacts and glasses.

I highly recommend it to anyone. If you want to know where, PM me and I'll let you know!

I hope this helps! Sorry for the lack of technical terms.

H

Heretic

Oh i didnt realize they cut your cornea open, I dont think I could handle that.