"Airplane!" turns 25

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/10/AR2005061000569.html
Oil prices were skyrocketing (deja vu), and the Iranians had been holding 52 men and women of our embassy hostage for months. Inflation was running in the mid-teens.</NITF>

<NITF>"Airplane!" made us forget all that. "Airplane!" made you spit out your popcorn, spew fountain soda through your nose, and shower the row ahead with your neighbor's Milk Duds. Surely you laughed so hard that you missed half the jokes -- and had to see the movie again.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes

"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

(During the food poisoning epidemic) "I haven't seen anything like this since the Anita Bryant concert."

"It takes so many things to make love last. But most of all, it takes respect, and I can't live with a man I don't respect."

"Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?"

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
Airplane

Roger . . .huh?

Over . . .What?

What's our vector Victor?

I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Striker! Striker! *Punch*

B

baswm

Randy: Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy: Oh, good.
Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!