Mark 15.34

mAlice

professional daydreamer
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

SamSpade

elaine said:
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Psalm 22:1; v7-8; v 17-18

Jesus knew this Psalm well.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
SamSpade said:
Psalm 22:1; v7-8; v 17-18

Jesus knew this Psalm well.

No doubt he knew the entire old testament quite well. How else would he have known to ride the donkey into the city through the east gate?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
2ndAmendment said:
You understand why that had to take place right?

I don't. :howdy: Seriously, I'm not a "reader" so it's like reading the bible is like reading VCR instructions. I have to take it a little bit at a time. Even then I don't retain much of it.

SamSpade

elaine said:
No doubt he knew the entire old testament quite well. How else would he have known to ride the donkey into the city through the east gate?
I once had a Sunday school class where this was discussed. The minister said this image was widely known among the people, as well. This was why they went wild with the palm leaves - they also knew what he was saying.

SamSpade

2ndAmendment said:
You understand why that had to take place right?
It's also possible that, for Jesus to actually take on the sin of the world that - at the moment of his death - he *was* abandoned by God, for the first time in his existence. For the first time, he was to experience being separated from God.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
I don't. :howdy: Seriously, I'm not a "reader" so it's like reading the bible is like reading VCR instructions. I have to take it a little bit at a time. Even then I don't retain much of it.
Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Jesus is God come as man. Jesus is fully aware of the Holy Spirit at all times. Jesus is fully God. As God, Jesus could not die. God's Spirit had to leave the human body so that Jesus could die for our sins. It is this leaving of His earthly body that Jesus felt and the reason for His exclamation on the cross as reported by Mark. After the prophesied time had passed, on the third day, God's Spirit inhabited the human body of Jesus and He came to life again since death has no authority over the giver of life, God.

It is this same Holy Spirit that inhabits the bodies of those that accept God's way of Salvation of the last sacrifice ever needed; the death of Jesus on the cross. God's love for us is beyond our comprehension; He allowed His earthly body to die for us. Jesus' resurrection is God's assurance that those that believe God will not suffer eternal death but will live in God's kingdom even though our earthly container dies and decays.