the apostle paul

dazed&fallen

fine artist
this guy is suspect in my opinion. bear in mind he never actually knew Jesus when he was alive and yet was instrumental in the formation of the early church. basically what he gave us was an ideology where you must presuppose that the word is true and infallible in order to gain salvation. Any naysayers were automatically considered heretics. So what you have essentially is a system of circular logic were "the Bible is the word of god Because, the Bible says so." There is only one issue here then, faith. Upon accepting this faith you feel that you are being taken care of by the most powerful force in the universe. Bravo, i'm sure you sleep soundly at night. However this system is stricken with many problems. First and foremost not everyone thinks this way and you are left with no choice than to say they are wrong. Problem is it's a relativist universe. Though your faith seems true in its context, there are other contexts in which it fails. do you see my point here? i really feel for you and really don't want to sound angry or mean but i also know that there are people in the world who suffer and will continue to suffer as a result of your mentality. I don't really mean any harm to you or your faith, i just want people to wake up and start taking responsibility. The world can be a messed up place with or without christianity.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I'm so glad you write the way you do. I can ignore it because it is hard to read.

Capitalization, paragraphs, and other English rules are your friend in communication.

Midnightrider

2ndAmendment said:
I'm so glad you write the way you do. I can ignore it because it is hard to read.

Capitalization, paragraphs, and other English rules are your friend in communication.
then why wouldn't you just ignore it instead of mocking his writing?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
then why wouldn't you just ignore it instead of mocking his writing?
Touche'. I am not the first to comment on his writing style or lack thereof, but, alas, you are right, I should have just ignored his post.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
dazed&fallen said:
...There is only one issue here then, faith. Upon accepting this faith ...

How come you started with bashing Paul and then kinda went on this rant about faith and then all off on a tangent about how Christains' faith causes suffering in the world (or some :bs: )? What the HECK was your point?

why am I asking this?

Last edited:
D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Psst...it's much easier when he starts with an insult. :yay:

for some people that creates a moth to the flame effect :shrug:

SamSpade

Tinkerbell said:
How come you started with bashing Paul and then kinda went on this rant about faith and then all off on a tangent about how Christains' faith causes suffering in the world (or some :bs: )? What the HECK was your point?

why am I asking this?
Who knows? He's almost the only person I've given red to.

What I don't get is his frequent assertions of the judgmental attitudes of Christianity and its general intolerance, compared to Buddhism - and then continually bashes Christianity at every opportunity.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
SamSpade said:
Who knows? He's almost the only person I've given red to.

What I don't get is his frequent assertions of the judgmental attitudes of Christianity and its general intolerance, compared to Buddhism - and then continually bashes Christianity at every opportunity.

I'll tell ya, that boy don't make a lick of sense. I think he's several slices short of a loaf. His elevator crashed in the basement.

willie

Tinkerbell said:
I'll tell ya, that boy don't make a lick of sense. I think he's several slices short of a loaf. His elevator crashed in the basement.
He/she was sent to us to test our tolerance of dingbats.