Gotta love those telemarketers

Makavide

Not too talkative
Got a call from a telemarketer last night - wanting to sell me a DSL connection from verizon online. Now I have been waiting 2 years for DSL to be available, so I was real happy to get this call.

Telemarketer: "If you sign up for verizon online DSL service we will give you a free DSL modem." gimme, gimme

Telemarketer: "We will even through in 2 months free online usage." gimme, gimme, gimme

Telemarketer: "If after the two months you want to keep the service, we will give you a reduced rate for one year subscription." gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme.

Telemarketer: "Okay, let me check, I'm sorry but DSL is not available in your area - here is a number to call for this service when it is."

Now why couldn't they check availability prior to calling and getting my hopes up?

SmallTown

Football season!
I have that story beat! When I moved to the new house several years ago I inquired about their DSL service. I was told it wasn't offered where I am currently.

ok.. A year later, they call with the same story you got.. When I asked about the currently available on my line, they said they wouldn't bother calling if it wasn't.. I told them I would call them back later if I was interested.. A couple of months passed and I finally did call.. They checked the number and said no problem.. They sent the modem and software to me and I was ready to go. They said it would take about 14 days to activate, so I waited.. At about the 12th day, I get an e-mail from them saying it would be another week.. Fine.. After that time had passed, I called back again. This time they tell me I can't get the service and I need to send the modem back to them.. Real nice.. Talk about getting your hopes up! At least you didn't have the modem in your hands and ready to go! :smile:

I just wish Gimp cable would quit trying to screw us and offer the cable modem service without getting their cable service.. Like almost all of the other cable carriers do..

SxyPrincess

My Aunt (who works for a big construction company) got a call from Nextel a few weeks ago. They asked whether or not the company would ditch their current cell provider and be interested in switching to Nextel? If Nextel would have done their homework, they would have figured out my Aunt's company does have Nextel. :rolleyes: Embarassing....