Scarlet Tanager sighting!

Pete

Repete
happyappygirl said:
Yesterday cruising down the drive, we spotted a pair of these!! MAN is he gorgeous...I've never seen a bird so beautiful.

CLEEK!!
I had a pair of those too. I thought they were Orioles. :stupid:

Pete

Repete
happyappygirl said:
:lol: not stupid...
Most people mistake the red wing blackbird for an oriole, at least you know there is a difference :lol:

These are orioles: True Oriole
I had 1 or 2 in my huge tree out back by the deck. They came right up, not reclusive at all.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
As I scan past it real quick, the title of this thread keeps looking like, "Scarlet Teenager Sighting." :lmao:

ocean733

Railroad said:
As I scan past it real quick, the title of this thread keeps looking like, "Scarlet Teenager Sighting." :lmao:
Me too. And I know nothing about birds.

Not that I know anything about Scarlet Teenager Sightings...Uhhh...I better leave. :shortbus:

:crazy:

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Railroad said:
:lmao:

Anyone know what type of bird is emerald green (real shiny) about the same size as the tanager (small sparrow sized bird)? Saw one of those the last couple of mornings too. Gorgeous!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
Were you drinking the night befor :shrug:
um..i recognized the pink elephant for what it was once rottncop 'splained it all too me...hey got a horsey question in the horsey forum...help!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
happyappygirl said:
Yesterday cruising down the drive, we spotted a pair of these!! MAN is he gorgeous...I've never seen a bird so beautiful.

CLEEK!!
Good for you! :clap: I have summer tanagers around my house. They are very similar looking and absolutely GORGEOUS. :yay: