To the Drivers on Pegg Road

blacklabman

Did you know that the left two lanes at the intersection at Rte. 235 are legal for a left turn? Just look at the lights. The far left lane has a left arrow only, whereas the next lane over has a left and straight arrow.

The other day some female was in the far left lane. I was beside her, also wanting to turn left and then into the Navy museum. When the light turned green she came all the way across the road and turned into the entrance for the museum. What a fool! However, I was prepared for such antics. My horn still works just fine.

Wise up people!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
blacklabman said:
Did you know that the left two lanes at the intersection at Rte. 235 are legal for a left turn? Just look at the lights. The far left lane has a left arrow only, whereas the next lane over has a left and straight arrow.

The other day some female was in the far left lane. I was beside her, also wanting to turn left and then into the Navy museum. When the light turned green she came all the way across the road and turned into the entrance for the museum. What a fool! However, I was prepared for such antics. My horn still works just fine.

Wise up people!

what kinda car...

S

starr

I thought the last time I went through there, there wasn't any marking on the middle lane. I wasn't sure if you could turn left out of it. But it wasn't me.

blacklabman

starr, you are correct. There are no lane markings, only the light gives guidance. Perhaps it someone at SHA sees this they may put markings down.

S

Shutterbug

blacklabman said:
The far left lane has a left arrow only, whereas the next lane over has a left and straight arrow.
Is this new??? I come through there every day and it has always been left lane = left turn, middle lanes = straight, etc. Only one lane was a left turning, with the other "left" lane being illegal. The arrows were not painted on the road to turn left unless it was done this weekend and I didn't notice.

I'll check this out next time I drive by there.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
starr said:
I thought the last time I went through there, there wasn't any marking on the middle lane. I wasn't sure if you could turn left out of it. But it wasn't me.
I take that way home from work every day, and I could swear there is no marking on the lane itself or on the lights. That's one of the reasons the traffic backs up. I will look on my way home. Oh and it wasn't me either. Can't remember ever going to the new museum.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
blacklabman said:
starr, you are correct. There are no lane markings, only the light gives guidance. Perhaps it someone at SHA sees this they may put markings down.

Seriously...what kinda car and time of day did this happen?

S

starr

I have seen turds still making U-turns from the lanes suposed to be going into Gate 1. I got rear ended because of somebody doing that a couple of months ago before they put up the sign.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
That's interesting. I've never noticed that. All I know is if I'm approaching a red light, which is usually the case, I get in the far left lane to turn left because there is no indication that the next lane over is also a left turn lane. You can't really fault someone for thinking they have the right of way when there is no indication that they don't have the right of way.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
blacklabman said:
I take Pegg Road to 235 every morning going to work and have NEVER seen a turn arrow for the left middle lane. I oftentimes see people turning left from that lane even though there was NO turn arrow and NO road markings.

If there IS one now, it had to be put up sometime after Thursday morning. :confused:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
otter said:
I'll check it out tonight while I'm over there looking for Pal, and Virgo's bike, and report back tomorrow.
Can you make a side trip to Salem, Mass and see if you can find my camera, too? TIA! :huggy:

Midnightrider

jazz lady said:
I take Pegg Road to 235 every morning going to work and have NEVER seen a turn arrow for the left middle lane. I oftentimes see people turning left from that lane even though there was NO turn arrow and NO road markings.

If there IS one now, it had to be put up sometime after Thursday morning. :confused:
I thought that lane was marked with signs up near the streetlights. i can remember being confused as to which lanes they applied when returning to the base from lunch

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
I thought that lane was marked with signs up near the streetlights. i can remember being confused as to which lanes they applied when returning to the base from lunch
Yes, but there is only one left turn signal. I hope I would have noticed in the 8 months I've been driving that way if there were another turn arrow. :lol: I'll look at it tomorrow morning and see what it really is. :shrug:

willie

blacklabman said:

Wise up people!
Is it possible you made a boo-boo?

jazz lady said:
Can you make a side trip to Salem, Mass and see if you can find my camera, too? TIA! :huggy:

Maybe he wouldn't mind heading over to Pisgah to look for my sunglasses too?? :shrug: