Baking

SmallTown

Football season!
Please refrain from unleashing loud laughter after reading this. Thank You.

Unlike most guys, there are two things I LOVE to do.. Shop and Cook..

Not exactly cooking, but I love making different kinds of candy and cookies at Christmas.. What types of things do people on here make? Any good recipes?? (ok guys, I can hear you talking about getting me an apron and a skirt..)

I made some lemon-ginger cookies last year that were great. And of course the ol classic Rum Balls (or what ever liquor I might have in the house at the time).. And Snowflake peanut butter snacks.. I have yet to try and make fudge from scratch, maybe i'll try that this year?? Any ideas??

Yea, this belongs in another form, but this form is at the top of the list and I didn't feel like scrolling down.. so shoot me.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:roflmao: I'm laughing too hard right now to say much of anything besides I'm starting to see things very clearly now.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Can't stand shopping, partly because people in the stores and the malls walk too slow. I'm the type who wants to get what I need, pay for it and get the hell out of there.

But I do like to cook, especially when it's something spicy (barbecue, jerk chicken, buffalo wings, salsa, fajitas).

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by pixiegirl
He's not really an arse, he just has a lot of pent up frustrations. :eek:

Because I shop and cook?? Women.. Sheesh..

They fuss at men because they don't take them shopping enough and won't help with fixing meals, etc.. Then a guy comes around who loves to shop and cook, and it is all about jokes..

So guys.. It isn't worth it.. Just sit on the couch in your skidmark boxers and watch football all day.. That is REALLY what women want, they just won't tell ya!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown

They fuss at men because they don't take them shopping enough and won't help with fixing meals, etc.. Then a guy comes around who loves to shop and cook, and it is all about jokes..

So guys.. It isn't worth it.. Just sit on the couch in your skidmark boxers and watch football all day.. That is REALLY what women want, they just won't tell ya!
You're "JUST" figuring out women don't say what they really mean? :rolleyes:

:roflmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Kyle
You're "JUST" figuring out women don't say what they really mean? :rolleyes:

:roflmao:

There is always that hope that something will change. Then they start talking and you realize the hope was wasted.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Peanut butter balls are a favorite of mine this time of year. Just a ball of pb surrounded by chocolate. :yum:

Ugh.. Ok.. Maybe I shouldn't have started this thread so close to lunch time.. Peanut butter, chocolate, and a tall glass of milk... mmmmm

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

Small, let me tell you what... I'm a girl and I don't even like to shop. No, I'm not some slob or anything either. I have a killer wardrobe but when I buy clothes I go, get what I want and get out. I'm a good cook but hell if I like to cook. The only reason I have to cook is because I need to eat.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Peanut butter balls are a favorite of mine this time of year. Just a ball of pb surrounded by chocolate. :yum:
I'm waiting for the impending... "Washed down with Dickens Cider!"

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Kyle
I'm waiting for the impending... "Washed down with Dickens Cider!"

DOH! Forgot about that - I don't like milk. :biggrin: Oh, and if you get some Dixon Nuts, and crush them on top of the pb balls, they are even yummier. :yum:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
DOH! Forgot about that - I don't like milk. :biggrin: Oh, and if you get some Dixon Nuts, and crush them on top of the pb balls, they are even yummier. :yum:

Don't forget about the Schweddie Balls!!

That skit was on SNL's Holiday Show last night. It is hilarious!

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Small, let me tell you what... I'm a girl and I don't even like to shop.

Hear, hear! :clap: Good thing Ernest T. is an EXCELLENT cook, cuz if it ain't boxed or frozen, I ain't makin it.

K

Kain99

I'll send you a kick butt recipe for Chocolate Mint cut outs and Cherry Suprises if you promise to post a photo of yourself making them. :smile:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Please refrain from unleashing loud laughter after reading this. Thank You.

Unlike most guys, there are two things I LOVE to do.. Shop and Cook..

Not exactly cooking, but I love making different kinds of candy and cookies at Christmas.. What types of things do people on here make? Any good recipes?? (ok guys, I can hear you talking about getting me an apron and a skirt..)

I made some lemon-ginger cookies last year that were great. And of course the ol classic Rum Balls (or what ever liquor I might have in the house at the time).. And Snowflake peanut butter snacks.. I have yet to try and make fudge from scratch, maybe i'll try that this year?? Any ideas??

Yea, this belongs in another form, but this form is at the top of the list and I didn't feel like scrolling down.. so shoot me.

I think it's AWESOME that you like to bake! I'm not much of a cooker/baker myself, but I really want to learn and have been trying to get a collection of recipes together lately. I want to try new things, and earn the right to my own 'specialties'. I'm constantly asking people for recipes, and even won a cool recipe box on E-bay the other day! Go 'head with your baking SmallTown!