Carolina style pulled pork BBQ sandwich...

BuddyLee

Football addict
from Sheetz.:lmao:

They're great and only $3 roughly. I love the no BBQ corn dusted roll with no coleslaw. While I'm there I have to get a one cream and one blueberry bubblegum Jones soda.:yum:

E

Ernie

BuddyLee said:

They're great and only $3 roughly. I love the no BBQ corn dusted roll with no coleslaw. While I'm there I have to get a one cream and one blueberry bubblegum Jones soda.:yum:

I have to agree with buddy. I had the BBQ with the coleslaw and :yum: boy was it good.

R

rdonthehd

I have to disagree. Being from N.C., I get excited when I find "N.C. bbq". Like Lefty's in Waldorf. It's ok, but it's no Smithfields (several locations from Raleigh to J'ville n.c.) or Wilburs (Goldsboro, n.c.). I like to take the 4 hour drive to Smithfield N.C. just to geet carolina bbq and hushpuppies! If anyone ever goes there, you'll know what I'm talking about!

ocean733

I have never had real "BBQ", I don't think. Growing up in the north (yankeeville), I'm sure that I haven't.
But what I have had here ->:clap:

But, I felt nostalgic when I saw that the Waldorf McDonald's now sells authentic Philly cheese steaks. :lmao:
:liar:

R

rdonthehd

ocean733 said:
I have never had real "BBQ", I don't think. Growing up in the north (yankeeville), I'm sure that I haven't.
QUOTE]

oh, well, let me help you... there's Texas (or Memphis bbq) bbq --- that is with red bbq sauce --- and there is carolina bbq -- that is cooked with a vinegar based dressing type sauce. I love both, when they are done well.

Jameo

What?!
rdonthehd said:
I have to disagree. Being from N.C., I get excited when I find "N.C. bbq". Like Lefty's in Waldorf. It's ok, but it's no Smithfields (several locations from Raleigh to J'ville n.c.) or Wilburs (Goldsboro, n.c.). I like to take the 4 hour drive to Smithfield N.C. just to geet carolina bbq and hushpuppies! If anyone ever goes there, you'll know what I'm talking about!

Bill's BBQ from Wilson, NC. :yum::yum::yum: The best carloina BBQ ever!

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
rdonthehd said:
I miss Wilbur's in Goldsboro and King's in Kinston. Next time I'm headed down that way to see my folks, I plan to pick up a few pounds. (Probably add a few pounds to myself as well!!)

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I LOVE Smithfield's BBQ and hush puppies. We get take-out from there at least once a week. :yum: :yum: We also had some from some place out near Kinston a couple weeks ago ... can't remember the name of it, but it was pretty good, but SF's BBQ is the BOMB! :yay:

Don't know if the Sheetz up there carries this or not, but the one down here has garlic fries that are also the bomb! They're tossed in a garlic/olive oil (I think) sauce and have shredded parmesan cheese on top. :yum: :yum:

janey83

Twenty Something
King's and Smithfields have great BBQ & SWEET tea (in fact, my great aunt had her wedding catered by Smithfields!) -- if you want the real stuff, you have to do it right and go to NC, not around the corner to Sheetz.

:shrug: It's just like a cheesesteak, do it right and go to Geno's or Pat's in Philly.

nomoney

janey83 said:
King's and Smithfields have great BBQ & SWEET tea (in fact, my great aunt had her wedding catered by Smithfields!) -- if you want the real stuff, you have to do it right and go to NC, not around the corner to Sheetz.

:shrug: It's just like a cheesesteak, do it right and go to Geno's or Pat's in Philly.

any idea where I can get the best lobster :confused:

Pete

Repete
nomoney said:
any idea where I can get the best lobster :confused:
:howdy: I do....Cooks lobster house on Bailey Island Maine. Go north on 95 about 600 miles until you come to a fork, stay right on 95 NOT the Maine turnpike. Go to exit 21 for Brunswick, Bath and Boothbay Harbor. As you exit you will get on US RT 1. Follow it to where it makes a hard left next to a laundry mat. Go straight to Maine street and go right. You will see a church, turn left past that church by Bowdoin College and go about 3 miles to Cooks corner. Turn right on and go towards Baily's island. About 7 miles you will cross the oldest crib stone bridge in the US, just passed that on the right you will see a sign for Cooks lobster house. Remember to bring your appetite and your VISA card because Cooks doesn't take American Express.

mainman

Set Trippin
BuddyLee said:

Dixiepig, But I have not seen one of those in years...:ohwell:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
For you Smithfield lovers ...

I had BBQ, cole slaw and hush puppies from SF for dinner last night, and the leftovers for lunch today. :yum: :yum: