"Atlantic Circulation, Inc."

R

rdonthehd

"Atlantic Circulation, Inc."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had a visit from these young people claiming to be in a contest to go to Europe and that they only need a few more points to win by selling these magazines? One young girl visited me today and said that my neighbors upstairs told her I was friendly and she should talk to me. Well, I know that my upstairs neighbors are not home right now, so I knew something was up. After she left I looked up this Atlantic Circulation, Inc because it sounded like something I had head on 20/20 one day.... here's the link
Hope everyone else has avoided these people so far. If not, cancel your checks. They are in a two toned grey Econoline van and currently keeping camp over here at St. Mary's Landing apartments in the coporate suites. Who knows how many are in there!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
A few years ago, a chick was traveling alone in the Hampshire neighborhood doing the same thing. I happened to be home this one time she knocked on my door and gave me the whole :blahblah: about her Caribbean trip. I almost got suckered into a magazine subscription, but fortunately, they didn't have Cosmo. so I declined. Whew! Close call!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is not a lie:

A friend of mine's nephew was selling those door-to-door magazine subscriptions to win some trip. He ended up killing and robbing a woman after gaining access to her home. They caught him because he stole her sneakers and had them on his feet when cops questioned him.

Yes, this is an isolated incident - usually you just pay the money and never see a single magazine issue. But this is my PSA for the day - don't open your door to strangers and definitely don't let them in your house.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I remember, when I was a kid, we occasionally had visits from a few door-to-door salesmen - milk, newspapers, magazines, books, vacuum cleaners, etc. My favorite was the Fuller Brush man. He had all kinds of amazing treasures in his case! Not so, any more. Murder is more likely than marketing.

We once had a vacuum cleaner guy come to the house and challenge us to put our vacuum cleaner up against his machine, side-by-side getting up ashes from the carpet. His flashy new canister-style cleaner failed miserably alongside our ancient Kirby upright. I made the mistake of suggesting he sell vacuum cleaners like ours!

ocean733

I actually felt bad for a girl that knocked on my door one day. I don't read magazines too often, so I got a subscription for my sister. She (my sister) really recieved all of the magazines.

It's a shame that evil people ruin things for others that have good intentions.