1/2 day on the 24th

J

justhangn

We get to leave after 4 hours even.........I'll be cutting out at 10:30am. :biggrin:

dottymae

December 20, 2002

MEMORANDUM FOR HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
Director

SUBJECT: Half-Day Closing of Government Departments and Agencies on Tuesday, December 24, 2002

The President has issued an Executive order excusing Federal employees from duty for the last half of the scheduled workday on Tuesday, December 24, 2002, except those who, in the judgment of the head of the agency, cannot be excused for reasons of national security, defense, or other essential public business. For pay and leave purposes, this period will be treated as falling within the scope of statutes and Executive orders governing holidays for Federal employees. A copy of the Executive order will be posted on the Office of Personnel Management's Web site as soon as it becomes available from the White House.

Most employees who are excused from duty on December 24th will receive the basic pay they would have received if no Executive order had been issued. An employee who was previously scheduled to take annual leave on December 24th will be charged annual leave (or any other form of paid leave, compensatory time off, or credit hours) only for the first half of his or her scheduled workday. (This policy does not apply to employees who receive annual premium pay for standby duty under 5 U.S.C. 5545(c)(1) or to firefighters who are covered by the special pay provisions of 5 U.S.C. 5545b.) An employee who is required to work nonovertime hours during the last half of his or her scheduled workday on December 24th is entitled to holiday premium pay under 5 U.S.C. 5546(b).

yakky doodle

I'm working all the days, but get the half day too. :cheers: Anyone who is not going out of town wanna meet for lunchtime happy hour on the 24th? :cheers:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by yakky doodle
I'm working all the days, but get the half day too. :cheers: Anyone who is not going out of town wanna meet for lunchtime happy hour on the 24th? :cheers:

Depends on where.

F

Flo

My last day is today....still get the half day on Tuesday. :biggrin:

Be back on the 30th, and ready for another two holidays in January.

:dance:

SeaRide

I might work on Monday .. or not. I might work on Thursday, 26th or not. :biggrin: I will be in Colorado from Dec 28th to January 3rd Friday. Then I return to werk on Monday Jan 6th.