Movies on video

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sitting here watching "The Legend of Baggar Vance" and can't help but think that Morgan Freeman would have been much better as Baggar.  Will Smith is a hottie action hero, not a wiseman type.  My all-time favorite is MIB because it's him and Tommy Lee - the two actors I swoon over most!

What's good on video?  Any suggestions?  I tend to go for action/adventure and that sort of thing - no mooshy romances or weepers (unless someone gets their head chopped off as well).  I'll go for a clever kid movie, too!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I'm guessing that you are talking about what is out on video recently, since I can't guess what you've already seen. I'm pretty sure "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" is out on video now, although that is really both an action flick and a romance/drama. And kids will be bored by subtitled films, although you didn't mention them.

An uncut version of "The Exorcist" is available. "The Cell" is out now. Other than that, there's not much in the action genre that's new.

One overlooked area is the animated videos. Not far back, a pretty good one was Titan AE. And one of my favorites, a few years back, "The Iron Giant" which was outstanding. Has a great message.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We watched "Best in Show" last night and, if you can get through the first half hour or so, you'll get engrossed in the wacked out characters.

PmoneyandTT

Any Meg Ryan or Robert Crowe fans?  Well I rented a movie called "proof of Life".  It was pretty good.. Basically about Meg Ryan (wife), (husband) don't know the actors name, was kidnapped.. The movie is filmed in South America.. You know Robert Crowe comes to her rescue.. Good movie for a lazy afternoon..

Christy

b*tch rocket
If you haven't seen "The Usual Suspects" with Kevin Spacey, it's a must see.  One of my favorite movies of all time.  It's been out for a few years, but it seems as if everyone I talk to about it, has never seen it.

PmoneyandTT

anyone see the movie Snatch? With Brad Pitt.. MaDonna's husbands movie? Well if you like Black comedy, and American Actors, talking somewhat bad accents then this is the movie to see.. Its funny, has alot of good parts.. Not good for Kids though..

PmoneyandTT

Finally saw "the six day" with Arnold.. If you like Sci-fi then you will like this one.. Typical action drama.. Just a fun movie to be entertained by..

PmoneyandTT

Saw "15 minutes" this past weekend.. Not good for kids.. Violence ofcourse - The writer must of had some idea about Terrorism in NYC.. Overall not to bad..

Fog Dart

You have gotta rent "Snatch" - with Brad Pitt and a lot of kinda famous English actors.  It is an English Pulp Fiction, so if you are a fan of Quentin then this movie is for you my friend.

In addition to Legally Blonde being a cute movie---I have to say that I never had a clue as to just how hot Reese Witherspoon is!
Yowzaaa!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Quote: from Fog Dart on 11:46 am on Dec. 26, 2001[br]You have gotta rent "Snatch" - with Brad Pitt and a lot of kinda famous English actors.  It is an English Pulp Fiction, so if you are a fan of Quentin then this movie is for you my friend.
I hope Brad Pitt was better in this movie than in "The Mexican" with Julia Roberts.  This had to be the WORST movie I have ever seen in my life. :barf:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brad Pitt is stunningly good in Snatch.  Had a hard time following the rest of it but Brad's character is hysterical and he plays it to a T.  He gives the same performance he gave in 12 Monkeys - he should get some kind of award.

PmoneyandTT

Why because you had to think of how all the characters came together?  If you don't like trivia - or thinking on your feet without someone giving you step by step - then it would be boring to you.. You have to like black comedy in order to get the thrill out of it..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Guilty as charged.  I like a good plot with lots of twists but I couldn't follow Snatch.  My favorite convoluted movie of all time is Pulp Fiction - after you see it, you have to see it again to put it in sequence.  Maybe if I saw Snatch again, I'd like it better.