Deer hunting Florida style! (with pics!)

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
This was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake George! (in Ocala FL.)

Anyone up for water skiing on Lake George?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.

(received from my email)

Attachments

• gater.jpg
    gater.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 396
  • gater2.jpg
    gater2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 311
B

Bruzilla

The white tails are really small down here. They seem to be a little over half the size of what you see up north.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
A few years back, while living in Panama City, I was playing a round of golf, on the front nine at Tyndall AFB. On #7 hole, near the green, I chipped up towards the green, a little too strong, and the ball rolled off the other side.

There was a 5 foot gator there, eyeing my #1 Titleist, so I said to him: "Uh, you can have that one, I've got more in the bag!" Darn thing was hissing at me! :lol:

Tough gallery, I tell ya.

Triggerfish

Good1 said:
:yeahthat:
Alligators would be scary. They move into swimming pools and stuff.

Also you have to be careful before starting your car in some area since a gator may have crawled under the engine to warm up.

B

brownjunk

sleuth said:
This was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake George! (in Ocala FL.)

Anyone up for water skiing on Lake George?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.

(received from my email)

KTBS is a ststion out of Shreeveport, LA. I doubt that their helicopter happened to be flying around Ocala FL.

I know that these pics are real (but not your "facts"), but wouldn't it be nice if you did a little basic verification before posting?

I

icebaby1111

brownjunk said:
KTBS is a ststion out of Shreeveport, LA. I doubt that their helicopter happened to be flying around Ocala FL.

I know that these pics are real (but not your "facts"), but wouldn't it be nice if you did a little basic verification before posting?

And I suppose that a helicopter, just cause its from LA wouldn't be in that area because ??????????

dustin

UAIOE
Penn said:
A few years back, while living in Panama City, I was playing a round of golf, on the front nine at Tyndall AFB. On #7 hole, near the green, I chipped up towards the green, a little too strong, and the ball rolled off the other side.

There was a 5 foot gator there, eyeing my #1 Titleist, so I said to him: "Uh, you can have that one, I've got more in the bag!" Darn thing was hissing at me! :lol:

Tough gallery, I tell ya.
They are all over the place in Beaufort, GA. Also at Mayport, JAX, there a couple on the courses as well. I have a few pics. One was at least 7 foot at Beaufort.

Whats really interesting is to take a trip to Okefenokee Swamp. You can rent a canoe or john boats with 5hp motors are putter around the swamp and fish, tour...anywho..last time we went there like 8 gators came up to our boat looking to get fed. :lol: My little bro was freakin out so bad.

B

Bruzilla

icebaby1111 said:
And I suppose that a helicopter, just cause its from LA wouldn't be in that area because ??????????

A LA helo flying near Ocala would be like a helo from western Pennsylvania flying around St. Mary's county.

B

Bruzilla

There was a 13-ft gator that used to live near on overflow pond at Tarpon Springs State Park, and would sun itself about 50 feet from the picnic area. Some kids fed it some marshmallows, and it started coming around to the tables to get fed. It would slither up to a table and open it's mouth, and people would toss food in. Then it would move onto the next table and then back to the pond. It was pretty neat, and he did it for about three months until the tourists started coming in in force and he scared the crap out of them. So they trundled him up and took him out to the Everglades.

He is missed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Bruzilla said:
There was a 13-ft gator that used to live near on overflow pond at Tarpon Springs State Park, and would sun itself about 50 feet from the picnic area. Some kids fed it some marshmallows, and it started coming around to the tables to get fed. It would slither up to a table and open it's mouth, and people would toss food in. Then it would move onto the next table and then back to the pond. It was pretty neat, and he did it for about three months until the tourists started coming in in force and he scared the crap out of them. So they trundled him up and took him out to the Everglades.

He is missed.
Not very bright people.

Ponytail

brownjunk said:

I saw it on the internet, so it MUST be true!!! :tantrum:

:lol: